Mach E no start concnern

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I fail to see the logic of owning a hybrid or ev vehicle. May spend less on gasoline, but ultimately costs more to operate, if you keep it long enough to need a battery replacement.

DieHarder

Reaction score
I fail to see the logic of owning a hybrid or ev vehicle. May spend less on gasoline, but ultimately costs more to operate, if you keep it long enough to need a battery replacement.

Hey man. It's about saving the planet (sic). Of course no one else is doing anything about it but at least we'll feel good about ourselves as the lights go out...

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Well, from that point, I did not put the planet into the situation of climate change, why should I foot the bill?

Ps:the planet has been through several climate changes well before cars and industry was generating greenhouse gases. Its all in the ice cores.

Reaction score
Well, from that point, I did not put the planet into the situation of climate change, why should I foot the bill?

Ps:the planet has been through several climate changes well before cars and industry was generating greenhouse gases. Its all in the ice cores.

Yes and the planet has gone thru several mass extinctions too when volcanoes emitted millions of tons of CO2 into the air. CO2 that we are digging up and releasing again now at alarming rates. Don't get me wrong I love my Mustang but I know it is among the last of the breed. IC engines waste 70% of their energy as heat. We cannot afford to waste that much energy if we are going to produce it ourselves.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
From what I have read, there is an "end of life" countown on the batteries, in hybrids anyway. And many had good results in resetting the timer when the car's hybrid system shuts down with 'replace battery' message. What a great marketing gimick.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
From what I have read, there is an "end of life" countown on the batteries, in hybrids anyway. And many had good results in resetting the timer when the car's hybrid system shuts down with 'replace battery' message. What a great marketing gimick.
There is some form of counter. Its just like a regular battery when Cold Cranking Amps get to low there is as a higher chance the vehicle does not start

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Yes and the planet has gone thru several mass extinctions too when volcanoes emitted millions of tons of CO2 into the air. CO2 that we are digging up and releasing again now at alarming rates. Don't get me wrong I love my Mustang but I know it is among the last of the breed. IC engines waste 70% of their energy as heat. We cannot afford to waste that much energy if we are going to produce it ourselves.

And yet we charge most all EV batteries with coal and fossil fueled generators, rape the local environments mining lithium and other elements, abuse the local population with subhuman working conditions and child labor, pollute their water with chemical runoff, but we are damn sure saving the planet.
Nothing more than a feel good, virtue signaling circle jerk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
And yet we charge most all EV batteries with coal and fossil fueled generators, rape the local environments mining lithium and other elements, abuse the local population with subhuman working conditions and child labor, pollute their water with chemical runoff, but we are damn sure saving the planet.
Nothing more than a feel good, virtue signaling circle jerk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont worry. Im sure the electricity will not be generated with fossil fuels much longer. Nuclear power to the rescue! With the help of bird killing wind turbines, and acres of solar panels to help out. Then we will be left with just one toxic issue, where to put the spent radioactive materials.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Dont worry. Im sure the electricity will not be generated with fossil fuels much longer. Nuclear power to the rescue! With the help of bird killing wind turbines, and acres of solar panels to help out. Then we will be left with just one toxic issue, where to put the spent radioactive materials.

CHY-NA

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Now we are waiting for a pressure test tool to verify the unit is sealed properly and not leaking. It is a liquid cooled battery assembly.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Reman. Exactly.
Here in Canada, with a Prius hybrid vehicle, you give em your old batteries for the 'core', + a cheque for $3200.00 and they give you brand new batteries...with a 10 yr warranty.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back