Maf problem?

Ethan Bateman

Reaction score
I installed cams in my 2010 Mustang and it ran perfect for about 50 miles. During normal driving my engine light and the wrench light came on. I stopped and checked out stuff and I forgot to run the maf wires in the normal spots so it was free hanging. Somehow something smashed all the wires and I figured it was that so I re wired them. Still didn’t work, got a new maf sensor and still didn’t work. I’m stuck now.

The car idles fine and you can lightly rev okay. Once you drive and get about 3500rpm the engine light and wrench comes on, then about 4K it sounds like I hit the 2 step and it won’t rev higher and has no power.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about pulling the codes and posting those

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like not being able to read the MAF right. I had a Granatelli CAI that came with a bad MAF and it had exactly those symptoms. It'd run fine for the first 30 sec or so after starting while the car was still in open loop, but as soon as it tried to use the MAF for metering, it'd do that.

when you say you rewired the smashed wires, what do you mean?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
My crystal ball is out for calibration. Details and information are what lead to best results on line or over the phone. Otherwise you simply get guesses, and general responses. As the old saying goes, Crap in, Crap out.

So start again with year model mustang, mileage, upgrades, wire tucks performed (if applicable), and some details as to what led up to the failure, etc. And take the time to obtain codes before seeking assistance. Datalog to see if the MAF is providing any feedback and provide that if possible. I assume if you installed cams you have a handheld tuner device that can pull the codes.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
My crystal ball is out for calibration. Details and information are what lead to best results on line or over the phone. Otherwise you simply get guesses, and general responses. As the old saying goes, Crap in, Crap out.

So start again with year model mustang, mileage, upgrades, wire tucks performed (if applicable), and some details as to what led up to the failure, etc. And take the time to obtain codes before seeking assistance. Datalog to see if the MAF is providing any feedback and provide that if possible. I assume if you installed cams you have a handheld tuner device that can pull the codes.

....THIS IS A RECORDING

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back