Major power loss

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
So just recently Ive felt a major loss of power in my car everything else seems to be fine but when I really get on the gas my car wont respond at all. Ive cleaned the TB thinking that might help but it didnt. I havent changed the plugs yet but that is my next step I cant think of what else it could be. I loaded the stock tune and it didnt help either plus Ive been running the Diablosport 91 octane JLT tune for 3 years now with no problems So I doubt it has to do with the tune. Im at 60,000 miles (I know) now and changed my plugs pretty early on when I was at about 6,000 miles when I went with a colder range for nitrous. Any other ideas??? Im also no longer running nitrous i dropped that about 8 months ago. Thanks for any help

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you done all your 60,000 mile maintenance stuff?

Also change plugs time meow! lol

Is the weather hot/humid?

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Have you done all your 60,000 mile maintenance stuff?

Also change plugs time meow! lol

Is the weather hot/humid?

Its starting to get hot but Ive done 110+ degree weather with my car for 3 years now so I dont think thats the issue and Im talking about a huge power loss I mean it takes me a pretty long time to even pick up Rpm's I have power down low but nothing at all up top. I guess Im just worried cause I did run nitrous for about 2 years and although I did it as safe as I could its still quite a beating to put on stock internals. Plugs it is then, Ill try that route first. Ill try and post some pics of the plugs when I pull them for some oooohhh's and ahhhh's. Haha!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Do you have cats still? The only think I can think of that will effect hp in the upper RPM is plugged cats.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have cats still? The only think I can think of that will effect hp in the upper RPM is plugged cats.

I dont have cats anymore but I did have them welded off and the guy did a shitty job. When he took them off he used a smaller pipe to slip into the stock pipe maybe shit has been collecting over time and causing clogging in that area thats a damn good point!!!!! And honestly thats kinda what it feels like, like my cars having trouble breathing (or exhaling) in higher Rpm range!!! I mean the loss of power in enormous and I also noticed that the cars a little quieter than normal at high Rpms. I dont have cats and Im running chambered Borla mufflers and my car really isnt that loud. I definately should look into this first I think but how??? If there is carbon build up in there how the hell do I get it off. Probablly just change out the whole mid pipe all together???

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back