MBRP Axle Backs split open under boost on my GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
once this guys buddy visits this thread and sees you have used a wot box, youll be repairing that bumper yourself, I wouldnt have even mentioned it but too late now huh? :helpme:

First, the wot box didn't cause the damage.

Second, MBRP states nowhere in any of their literature not to be used in conjunction with the wot box.

Third, if MBRP decides to play that way, I'll post these pictures on every single Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Dodge and Diesel truck site showing their lack of quality and thin materials they pass off as a premium brand.

Definitely no libel there, as a picture is all the proof one needs to see the lack of quality.

Interesting, no mention of do not use a WOT Box and/or 2 step like devices with our products:
http://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=faq

Oh, here's something about their warranties:

MBRP.Com said:
WHAT WARRANTIES DO I RECEIVE WITH MBRP EXHAUST?
Pro Series (T-304 stainless steel) - Lifetime warranty. XP Series (T-409 stainless steel) - Lifetime warranty. Installer Series (Aluminized) - Three (3) years. Black Series - Three (3) years for the components; One (1) year for the coating. Performance and PLM Series - Two (2) years. Remember: You MUST send your warranty card and a proof of purchase to MBRP to activate your warranty. All warranties are from the date of purchase.

Let's go look on N2MB's website about any literature in regards to using it in conjunction with this muffler type...

Few moments later, oh look, nothing on their website either.

Do you really think I just rushed home and posted this without looking into everything?

Edit: I don't think it'll come down to me needing to show what could happen because I do feel this is an isolated incident. I'm well versed in manufacturing processes and you do have a few duds out in the market. The only unfair thing I did to MBRP is let Summit replace their system with anothe brand without giving them a second chance.

Last edited:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
wish you the best of luck, the right thing to do is for them to take care of you, but in their eyes Im betting their thinking of you being taken care of is a replacement set of their mufflers, or youll get the equivalent amount by check for the mufflers but they aint repairing that bumper in whole dude, I just dont see it happening

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
wish you the best of luck, the right thing to do is for them to take care of you, but in their eyes Im betting their thinking of you being taken care of is a replacement set of their mufflers, or youll get the equivalent amount by check for the mufflers but they aint repairing that bumper in whole dude, I just dont see it happening

Then it'll be fairly pricey for them the other way around. Companies aren't stupid. It takes years to build a reputation and one screw up to end it. Replacing the axle back is a non issue. Summit stepped up to the plate and handled that without issue.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, less than three weeks is pretty bad.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Boost is manifold pressure, not sure why you say boost through the exhaust.

I agree that doesn't look like exhaust pressure spread it open, it looks like an explosive force blew it open. Either way good luck, at least you're getting free muffs.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, one more question....honestly...when that thing went boom I bet u said ahhhh shit, it looks like I'm gonna have a new build thread.....lol.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score

I agree that doesn't look like exhaust pressure spread it open, it looks like an explosive force blew it open. Either way good luck, at least you're getting free muffs.

Do you not realize that boost effects everything? Especially the psi he is probably running. More air in, more air out

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
When something expands gradually from pressure it doesn't gape open like that.
It was clearly an explosion of some sort, and no 20psi in the front doesn't mean 20psi out the back.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
^ No shit that's not what I was saying. Don't play dumb everybody knows what I am talking about

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seer, one more question....honestly...when that thing went boom I bet u said ahhhh shit, it looks like I'm gonna have a new build thread.....lol.

For a split second but it still had power

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

What goes in must come out

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
how much boost are you running??? what size exhaust... ???

did they contact you on the warranty yet?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Summit is replacing the exhaust no issues. I talked to mbrp today about the other stuff.

About 19-20psi. High 700hp

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
That's insane! Good luck getting reimbursed. I personally believe they should, as the damage was caused by their product. But of course not all businesses follow that. Like said before, there are always going to be isolated incidents of failed products, and companies are supposed to anticipate and plan for that.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So a rep from MBRP replied to my email on monday, chatted for a bit on the phone, they wanted pictures of the damage. No response since.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Taken from my post on SVTPerformance

temporary-48.jpg

Their muffler bursted apart while I was accelerating.

They keep saying my car wasnt tuned properly, or it back fired, or it was a nitrous explosion or a wot box.
It happaned at 5500 RPM in 3rd gear while accelerating.

Car does not have nitrous
Jon Lund/KenB tuned it
I was not shifting at the time.

The burst broke the clips on the bumper and did some damage, after I sent MBRP pictures of it, their rep stopped taking my phone calls.
I did the original purchase through Summit Racing and they replaced the exhaust system with a different setup but then MBRP refused the warranty claim resulting in Summit trying to charge me full price for a replacement. (This is according to Summit).

After a few hours of arguing with Summit they decided to just write this off, but there is still damage to my bumper.

If you have to buy MBRP just buy their race series because their street series does not hold up with boosted car. From the pictures above. Also look at how thin of a material they use in their product. They sounded real good but they need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

They have blown me off for over a week now and have tried to cause havoc with the warranty claim.

These pictures will follow them on every single Mustang, Camaro, Corvette Dodge and Diesel Truck site until they do what is right. I wish it would not of came down to this but ignoring an unhappy customer is not a way to solve a business problem. I'm done dealing with product reps, I want the President of the company to call me, which according to Jesse, is the only person who can authorize my repairs.

Damaged/Loose bumper video, damage is on the driver side only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back