MDS www.tudyno.com

Discussion in 'MDS www.tudyno.com' started by lito, Jan 14, 2013.

1. LAStang1234

LAStang1234 ----------DSL----------

Lol I just bought that exact cable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while Moonwalking

2. Irishman

Irishman Ricer

I will probably go with the MTX and just ditch the auto meter gauge I have now. Otherwise it looks like I would have to buy a separate gauge with the lc-1.

3. Redrocket06

Redrocket06 forum member

Doing a quick google for mtx-l datalog x3, it looks like you can wire the firewire to the back of that gauge. Call innovate, they will know for sure. To me the mxt set up looks like it cuts out the bulk controller and just uses the wideband sensor and the gauge, and the gauge has the controller built in it. Half the wiring? Looks easy.

Looking at the MTX-L manual it does have the yellow and brown analog out wires, just like the LC-1, so with the MTX-L setup you wont need an LC-1 to set up the datalog. The wiring will be the same color code as the LC-1, you will just have an easier plug and play start for dash A/F readings. Do you use the X3?

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  4. Irishman

Irishman Ricer

Yes I will be using the SCT X3 for logging.

5. Kidd

Kidd forum member

I've got an autometer digital A/F with the firewire spliced into it and it works just fine. Which gauge do you have? Not trying to question your knowledge on the subject, I'm just trying to figure out why you can't do the same using the pin diagram from the lethal link posted.

6. Irishman

Irishman Ricer

Guess I never thought of that. Figured while I'm in there I would just switch it out for a better sensor with the innovate setup. I'm half retarded when it comes to wiring.

7. Kidd

Kidd forum member

Haha me too man. But splicing the firewire into the a/f gauge is easy. Just print that pin out diagram and follow it. Solder all your connections and you'll be good to go:thumbup:

8. topless

topless Junior Member

Starting from scratch. Do I need more than a LC1 with firewire?

9. lito

lito forum member

Sorry for the delay, actually no, the thing is if you will visually monitor the AFR on the PC while doing the pulls? (guess you dont have a gauge with this LC1?)

10. topless

topless Junior Member

Oh so watching the gauge while doing the pulls is why you want a gauge. Got it. Kinda hard to watch a laptop screen and drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

11. BlindGUYnAR

BlindGUYnAR forum member

When I did mine I pointed a GoPro at the gauge. You could just have a friend record it on their cell ph just as easy.

12. lito

lito forum member

Well, with the LC1 you can configure the unused analog out to be used with the SCT, the thing of having a gauge is for you to monitor it too while doing the WOTs.

And, yes I can go out of video of the gauge.

13. topless

topless Junior Member

Do you have a instruction set for use with a PLX DM-6 wideband setup?

14. lito

lito forum member

The controller instructions work, they have an analog out pin on the 4 pin connector for that.

15. Douglas Scheuch

Douglas Scheuch Junior Member

Lito Im interested in getting a tune from you can you pls contact me

16. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

Best to send him an email.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.