meth injection with v3

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
anyone ever installed one with these superchargers? im not sure where to isntall the nozzle

Last edited:

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Describe your setup? Like what type of supercharger. Mine was right before the Throttle body, will be moving it to an injection plate behind the TB as soon as that part arrives. Vortech centri type setup.

Last edited:

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
It's a vortech v3 si with a aftercooler

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I think you might want to ask a mod to move this to chit chat and maybe get some discussion on your setup and meth. You may not want to spend the money on this type of modification.

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
Well its a tech question cause I'm going to install one and want to know where others did it

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't u explain why though?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
What makes you think it will add power? The main reason for using meth injection is to lower IAT temps if they are getting too high and the ECU is pulling timing. Now if you tune for it and have additional timing added to your tune then you can make more power using it but it then becomes a failure point you need to worry about. If you tune for it and the system fails, then you will run lean and blow your engine.

My opinion is that you would be better off running a higher octane fuel and have a tune with added timing for that fuel.

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
If you're doing it to keep IATs in check it's not a bad idea, but if you plan to use it as an octane booster or to add timing it can blow your engine should something happen to the system.

If you are using it for IAT's are you still running the Vortech heat exchanger?

95ragtop

forum member
Reaction score
I would upgrade your heat exchanger, the one that comes with the vortech kit looks like it came from a cracker jack box. Get something larger so you have more volume in the system and throw a fan or two on the backside. Relocate your iat sensor to the intake manifold if it's not already.

Or you can do meth. Put the nozzle just before the throttle body, and do the iat relocation too. There was a moderator on here that had great success with meth, I only made the recommendations that I did because you have the aftercooler.

Aesthetics28

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Saleen extreme heat exchanger

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back