Mickey Thompson ET Street R, Feedback?

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Retfr8flyr, are you running the ET street Rs? They are brand new and have only been available for about 3-4 weeks.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you race them? And still get that many miles?
What about heat cycles? Have they lost traction/gotten hard?

I don't run these at the track, I have a set of 17's for that but I drive them pretty hard on the street.

Retfr8flyr, are you running the ET street Rs? They are brand new and have only been available for about 3-4 weeks.

No, these are the II series not the R's. I missed the R in the title and didn't notice the different tread pattern in the pics, that's what happens when you can't sleep and post at 4 in the am. That would explain the slight difference in tire size, they are a different tire. These are really new, the only R size the last time I looked was a 15" tire. Now there are many sizes. Sorry for the miss-information, I wouldn't run these tires as a DD tire, too soft and no tread pattern.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
It is a stick car, yes. It's the DOT drag radial in 325/50/15. Not the QTP, so does it still have that softer sidewall? If so, then hell ya lol. This car is a bitch to launch right now

yep they use nylon belts vs steel and the compound is super soft they apparently don't last near as long aset streets so I would avoid street miles on them.

AutoXRacer I cant wait till you report back with your first track report with them.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be going to the track Wednesday for a test and tune. Then King of the Streets event this weekend.

Unfortunately I will be commuting to the track with the drag tires. :(

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
yep they use nylon belts vs steel and the compound is super soft they apparently don't last near as long aset streets so I would avoid street miles on them.

Eh, don't plan on using them on the street much, if at all. They just showed up too, those bitches are HUGE!

AutoX- Can't wait to see ya running this weekend, swing by the RPM Tent/Trailer to say hi if you get the chance! I'm Cory

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I run ET street 2s on my vette daily. At 6k miles now and still plenty of tread left. Looks like I'll get 9-10k out of them. I also have ET streets on my 15" wheels for it and once those wear out (if ever) will swap these tires on. These are basically the ET pro compound. Very sticky, and very short life, but if you want to hook you pay to play.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
They are M2 compound which is the same listed for basically all their radial tires so who knows

Posted by a MT rep on yellow bullet;
The new ET Street S/S is a street tire you can take to the track. It is very similar to the ET Street Radial but we have redesigned the tread to help improve it in wet conditions over the previous design, however, it is still recommended for "normal" wet use.

The ET Street R is race tire you can drive on the street but recommended for dry weather street use only. It is based on the ET Street Radial Pro technology and, yes, it will have some 17" sizes in radial.

The ET Street Radial Pro is not going anywhere. It is staying.

The new Pro Bracket Radial is a pure race tire designed for consistency, tire life, and quicker ET's over their bias counterparts.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, went to the drag strip last night...

Good and bad news...

Good news. OMG, I have never experienced this kind of traction!!
I started at 12.0s spinning tires. Tweaked the rear shocks and air pressures (most improvement came from tire pressure). I started at 30PSI and ended up at 15PSI. At 15PSI I was bogging down the car at launch. I was working my way increasing my launch RPMs until this happened (bad news). sigh

IMG-20150708-WA0001_zps6cltmofy.jpeg

20150708_230751_zpsxutmnh5o.jpg

20150708_230804_zpskyqw7jof.jpg

I lowered the air pressure to 15PSI and I could not get the tires to spin. Amazing launches (other than the bogging down the motor due to low RPMs).

But at the top end the tire expanded and rubbed against the side of the wheel well/side skirt corner and ripped my skirt corner off and gouged the tire. :(

Not sure how deep the gouge is. I am hoping its within the depth of the rain grooves. If it is, I'll use them as is. If its deeper, I am screwed. sigh

The best I did for the night, I quit after what happened above, was 11.632 @ 121.25 and that was bogging down the car at launch. I think it has potential of low 11s maybe high 10s with a perfect launch???

But these tires are too big for our wheel well openings.
Next time I will be getting a smaller tire in the 28" range.

At 19-20 PSI I did not rub...at least I don't think so. I have a big event this weekend (Northwest Street Car Challenge) so I will not go below 20 PSI and just tweak the suspension to eliminate the tire spin.

But I have to say, these tires are freakin amazing!!!
Like I said, I have never experienced such traction!! Wow...

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
What were your 60s? 121 mph seems low for your power levels too. What was the DA? You sure it was low psi or did you tweak your axle tube a little? The gap in the back looks larger than in the front...

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
What were your 60s? 121 mph seems low for your power levels too. What was the DA? You sure it was low psi or did you tweak your axle tube a little? The gap in the back looks larger than in the front...

Ooh, is that possible? The gaps (side to side) are different in the left than the right.

What is DA? Here are the time slips:

20150709_054622_zpsnbj1bvm7.jpg

What affects your MPH...?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd agree the axle may not be centered, do you have adj LCA?

r u sure it was on the big end??

watch at .25 speed at :07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN1WzvqrGkU

You should be able to get that 60' down at least another .2 minimum with that tire and the power you make.

Last edited:

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Ooh, is that possible? The gaps (side to side) are different in the left than the right.

What is DA? Here are the time slips:

20150709_054622_zpsnbj1bvm7.jpg

What affects your MPH...?

Yes, it is possible if the tires stick and you don't have your axle tubes welded. Your 60s aren't that low really, but it does happen.

Based on your slip, your DA is 2445 feet. DA stands for density altitude and takes into account elevation and weather conditions like temp, humidity, and barometric pressure to show how many feet above sea level it feels to the car.

MPH is just power to weight. Your mph won't change much based on your 60 foot time, but your ET will. If you are making 650 HP, I would expect you to be near 130 mph.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Did you look at your IATs at the end of the run? What temp did you get to?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Did you look at your IATs at the end of the run? What temp did you get to?

I don't know what they were during WOT, but crawling back to the time slip booth, my IATs were in the 145 range. Coming to the tree, my IATs were 136-138. I doubt I was making 650rwhp. It was HOT yesterday.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know what they were during WOT, but crawling back to the time slip booth, my IATs were in the 145 range. Coming to the tree, my IATs were 136-138. I doubt I was making 650rwhp. It was HOT yesterday.

That's killing your power. Trap speed shows you were actually making around 550 HP. Those IATs are pulling timing like a mofo.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
I'd agree the axle may not be centered, do you have adj LCA?

r u sure it was on the big end??

You should be able to get that 60' down at least another .2 minimum with that tire and the power you make.

No, I do not have adjustable LCAs. I do know my axle is slightly, very slightly bias to the right hand side. The tire sticks out slightly more on the right than it does on the left. But centered as is angle it seems like its biased clockwise looking at the top of the car, the left hand tire/wheel seems closer to the driver side door/quarter panel than the passenger side. But the car tracks straight as an arrow. And I am not sure how to adjust it since I don't have adjustable LCA nore UCA.

What do you mean by the "big end"?

I did hear the tire rubbing towards the middle to top end of the run. Maybe it happened sooner/earlier but I did not hear it.

That's killing your power. Trap speed shows you were actually making around 550 HP. Those IATs are pulling timing like a mofo.

Yeah it was HOT yesterday.

Based on your slip, your DA is 2445 feet. DA stands for density altitude and takes into account elevation and weather conditions like temp, humidity, and barometric pressure to show how many feet above sea level it feels to the car.

So what does the DA indicate/show about yesterdays conditions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
So what does the DA indicate/show about yesterdays conditions?

That's high, but not terrible. I think you were hurt more by hot temps causing high IATs vs a bad DA. Of course, ideally you want negative DA to get your fastest times.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, I do not have adjustable LCAs. I do know my axle is slightly, very slightly bias to the right hand side. The tire sticks out slightly more on the right than it does on the left. But centered as is angle it seems like its biased clockwise looking at the top of the car, the left hand tire/wheel seems closer to the driver side door/quarter panel than the passenger side. But the car tracks straight as an arrow. And I am not sure how to adjust it since I don't have adjustable LCA nore UCA.

What do you mean by the "big end"?

I did hear the tire rubbing towards the middle to top end of the run. Maybe it happened sooner/earlier but I did not hear it.

not side to side centered, centered front to back, it looks like it's biased to the front, you have to get some adj LCAs that will center it and help reduce deflection and improve the 60' times.

big end = top end = end of track = last 300 feet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back