Mild-Bolts on GT - [email protected]

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
What a bunch of :handjob:.....The car is mild modded (bolts on), no the cams are bolt ons as would be heads, no SC is not a bolt on it is a power adder, His tires suck because of the track prep and his wheel hop is costing him. The car is cranking out some good hp and the driver is doing quite a good job on his runs. He has a lot left to do as far as bolt ons. 4 major engine changes : Intake, Tune, Exhaust, Valvetrain. Lighter mods CMDP, UDP, Electric Water Pump. Major changes in drivetrain: Gears, Driveshaft, Torque Converter/clutch, Flywheel. Suspension: Springs, Shocks, Control Arms. Then we have Tires: DR's or Slicks.

I define BOLT-ON as taking off the stock part and replacing it with a modded or after market part. (no, stroker kit is not a bolt on)

He has a long way to go and the more he does the closer he will get to the low 12's if not touch the high 11s. The more you do and the quicker you go the harder it is to show the gains.

Tires are good for .4 if he ran with streets and got a 2.x 60 he would be in the high 12s. Still impressive with the mods he has. I make this comparison as I run on streets and watched time and again guys making only the tire switch making those kind of gains.

Good Job OP! I hope to see you post more.

BTW, I hate you.:asshat:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
what was the DA on that run? and how much does your car weigh?

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
What a bunch of :handjob:.....The car is mild modded (bolts on), no the cams are bolt ons as would be heads, no SC is not a bolt on it is a power adder, His tires suck because of the track prep and his wheel hop is costing him. The car is cranking out some good hp and the driver is doing quite a good job on his runs. He has a lot left to do as far as bolt ons. 4 major engine changes : Intake, Tune, Exhaust, Valvetrain. Lighter mods CMDP, UDP, Electric Water Pump. Major changes in drivetrain: Gears, Driveshaft, Torque Converter/clutch, Flywheel. Suspension: Springs, Shocks, Control Arms. Then we have Tires: DR's or Slicks.

I define BOLT-ON as taking off the stock part and replacing it with a modded or after market part. (no, stroker kit is not a bolt on)

He has a long way to go and the more he does the closer he will get to the low 12's if not touch the high 11s. The more you do and the quicker you go the harder it is to show the gains.

Tires are good for .4 if he ran with streets and got a 2.x 60 he would be in the high 12s. Still impressive with the mods he has. I make this comparison as I run on streets and watched time and again guys making only the tire switch making those kind of gains.

Good Job OP! I hope to see you post more.

BTW, I hate you.:asshat:

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the compliments.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Car probably weighs 3600 with you in it and the spare/jack/trunk mat, etc. removed.

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Car probably weighs 3600 with you in it and the spare/jack/trunk mat, etc. removed.

No way!! I weigh 204lbs. and I only removed the spare tire out of the car and the loose stuff on the back seat (a few bottles of water, pop, jackets, air compressor, a few tools, etc.) were heavier than the spare tire itself. You cant tell me that the S197s weigh 3400lbs.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
They weigh about 3500 lbs from the factory.

Spare/jack and trunk mat, last I check was about 70 lbs. Plus, you probably only had a 1/4 tank of gas lol. With a full tank of gas, spare and all that they weigh about 3500.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No way!! I weigh 204lbs. and I only removed the spare tire out of the car and the loose stuff on the back seat (a few bottles of water, pop, jackets, air compressor, a few tools, etc.) were heavier than the spare tire itself. You cant tell me that the S197s weigh 3400lbs.

They can be that heavy if fully optioned.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I am sure my 07 GT with me in it probably weighs about 3850-3900lbs.

Big wheels, fat tires, EVERY Option.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pass....show's what a good driver can do. I had the same mods on 05 minus the delete plates and she would go 12.40's all day long at 109 and some change. 12.40's should be a piece of cake :beerdrink:, if not maybe quicker! Mod for mod I think your right on par!

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
They weigh about 3500 lbs from the factory.

Spare/jack and trunk mat, last I check was about 70 lbs. Plus, you probably only had a 1/4 tank of gas lol. With a full tank of gas, spare and all that they weigh about 3500.

so it must have been 3700lbs with me in it. the car had 1/4 tank of gas, only spare out. but i had bunch of loose stuff on the back seat which weighted more than the spare.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Probably less man.

Ryan's car with your options, him being about 30-40lbs heavier than you weighed in @ 3640 or so.

I'd say 3600ish.

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Nice pass....show's what a good driver can do. I had the same mods on 05 minus the delete plates and she would go 12.40's all day long at 109 and some change. 12.40's should be a piece of cake :beerdrink:, if not maybe quicker! Mod for mod I think your right on par!

Dude, that is a million times better than my times. Your 12.4s with your mods must be the record :beer:

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Probably less man.

Ryan's car with your options, him being about 30-40lbs heavier than you weighed in @ 3640 or so.

I'd say 3600ish.

How though? if the car weights 3500lbs stock (assuming that is with 17" wheels and I have 18s which must weigh more) and I weigh 200lbs, how come the car could weigh 3600lbs?

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
How though? if the car weights 3500lbs stock (assuming that is with 17" wheels and I have 18s which must weigh more) and I weigh 200lbs, how come the car could weigh 3600lbs?

A full tank of gas is about 125lbs. Only having about 1/4 tank is almost 100lbs of weigh removed. These cars weigh 3500lbs with a full tank of gas, and the spare/jack.

The 18's you have are actually pretty light. I'd say they only weigh about 5lbs each more than the stock 17's. Spare/Jack/Trunk Mat is a decent amount of weight too, even if you have extra stuff in the car.

I say weigh your car. Only way to find out. However, you don't have all of the options in your GT, and don't have a lot of added weight, and an almost empty gas tank.

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
Dude, that is a million times better than my times. Your 12.4s with your mods must be the record :beer:
It was mostly my good sixty foots that got me there. Mid to high 1.6's sixty foot's where pretty normal for my ride. Every tenth gained on the sixty foot will net around two tenths off the big end. I almost got my stock 09 gt in the 12's on street tires(w/lca's). Drive it like you stole it lol :beerdrink: . Lower your sixty's a tad with a good burn out and your there! Some people think I crazy or hiding something mod wise lol, I just laugh and tell them to get a driver mod like me lol.

Last edited:

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Active anti theft, GT appearance package, interior upgrade package.

3500 is with a full tank of gas. Taking out 3/4 tank is not weight reduction from the 3500lbs? Lol

You are right bro. Done trying to convince you what they weigh. I doubt you have a 100 lbs worth of shit in your back seat after removing everything in your trunk.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back