Modifying an unknown tune without the stock tune.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Modify stock tune with handheld, yes you can.
Taking the backup file and opening it in Advantage PRP, no. Only HP tuners can download and open the actual tune in the pcm.
And its one or the other with SCT, custom tunes, or preloaded tunes /modify stock tune. Cannot have both enabled on the X4. Yes, I have tried.

If I had to do it over again I'd invest in HP but already bought an SCT X4 and used it to tune w/Lito. Overall, working fine but I put away the SCT when not in use and only get it out when I really need to.

Derf08

Reaction score
No need for the tuner on a car that is headed to the scrap yard. I’d wager a lot of people do steal them thinking it’s an easy paycheck to stick it online, it’s only people like us who use them that know they’re married to the car in the first place.

I would agree except for it was resold as a salvage title by the tow company for about $4k. I've kept an eye on the VIN to see if it pops up as a resale or if someone is asking about a salve car they bought on either this forum or mustang forums. The vast majority of the damage was body damage (door, front/rear fender/quaterpanel, front bumper). Secondary damage was a kink to bottom of the door frame, busted driver tie-rod and control arm, and probably the rack and pinion. Whoever bought it will probably have some tune issues if they try to modify it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back