Moisture on INSIDE of glass

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last night I got my car out of the garage, pulled it around front of the house to drive today.

I noticed after I parked it and it started to cool off, the windshield and rear glass were both fogged up- on the inside. WTF would be causing this? Car's been sitting in the garage since November.

I did notice last week, while vacuuming out the car, the carpet under the floor mat on the driver's side felt damp...but again, no idea why it would be.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Obviously water is getting into the vehicle somehow. What is odd is the fact that it has been parked inside the garage for months.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe 2-3 years ago, I was driving in a heavy rainstorm and had water drip down onto my feet/legs while I was driving. To my knowledge it only ever happened that one time, but this makes me wonder if it's had a small leak there for awhile.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Sounds like water is leaking in through rotten/broken seals around the cowl cover retaining grommets.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The water leak actually comes out of the evaporator case. If the cowl drains under hood are clogged, there is nowhere for the water to go.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Both locations can leak for their own reason.
>The cowl retaining grommet seals do fail and water gets right past them.
>The cowl does fill up with leaves, seedlings and crud blocking the drains which causes water to get into the interior through the fresh air filter opening into the AC/Heater box.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK yeah I probably need to look at those grommets.

So here's a question, how come Tasca lists those as right and left whereas the guy's link doesn't? I don't even see how something like this would have a right and left side.

jakebrake1

Reaction score
haven't torn into ours too deeply, however, check the gasket near the heater box.

m.i.l.'s grand marquis drove me batshit with that issue. clogs in cowl drains, water pouring into heater box, wet floor, wet windows.

I think that car is now a taxi in the Dominican republic.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back