My 5.0 6MT dyno day

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
So, a little disappointed. 381/366. Mods are or/x and aggressive 93 tune from Lund. Ambient temp is about 75*, about 80% humid. Any thoughts?

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Im just as surprized as you after seeing guys with the same mods pulling 400+. But then again,its dyno.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not too pleased. But everyone is turning low numbers today. My buddy's Mach that normally does 310, put down 275.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You need to tell Lund you want the new and improved Piston Melting Tune..........aka Super 8 Cylinder killer.....LOL!:popcorneat:

j/k, drivability is what counts.:beer:

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
First time on the dyno? Could be the dyno reading low so if the car feels strong then it's not a big deal. Dyno is for tuning as anyone can inflate numbers.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you don't have an intake along with that X-Pipe and tune, there's really not a whole lot to be gained. You can scavenge the exhaust gases a little better, but you still need that after-market intake to make more air go through the engine so that a better exhaust setup is actually worth it.

Doesn't surprised me one bit to see those #'s without an intake as well.

If you DO have an after-market intake, the fact of the matter is that you can go to ten different dyno shops all running the exact same dyno, on the same street in 10 buildings side by side on the same temp day and see figures vary easily by 10%.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
I guess it's time to learn more about this motor and how to build it. Are they selling forged shortblock coyotes yet?

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
If you don't have an intake along with that X-Pipe and tune, there's really not a whole lot to be gained. You can scavenge the exhaust gases a little better, but you still need that after-market intake to make more air go through the engine so that a better exhaust setup is actually worth it.

Doesn't surprised me one bit to see those #'s without an intake as well.

If you DO have an after-market intake, the fact of the matter is that you can go to ten different dyno shops all running the exact same dyno, on the same street in 10 buildings side by side on the same temp day and see figures vary easily by 10%.
eh, i did 386/361 iirc tune and offroad h on a mustang dyno, his numbers are a bit low. but in the end a dyno is just a tuning tool. the track will show his real power

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
It's just a number. Did you happen to get the af and max timing during the pull?

No, just did two quick pulls.

@ darkstar November: unfortunately they close our track here in Hawaii a few years ago so dyno numbers are our only bragging point.... :(

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back