My buddies want to kick me in the balls! LOL

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
So how much time do you have to teach her? Try to get her and the car somewhere on a closed course or abandoned parking lot and actually let her feel the power of 700 horses!! That way if it gets away it's only tire damage at most and then she knows that seat of the pants feel that she is not looking for! Show her where the edge is. Teach her to drive the car your putting her in. Hell she may be a natural you never know.

^^THIS.

My wife wants to get better with a manual so she can drive my car but she says she's afraid of it.

I'm going to take her to an empty parking lot and show her how hard it is to get a GT with only an intake and tune with 3.31s to do things you don't want it to.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
This is an example of teenage girl learning to drive 700 HP gt500: "daddy I'm pressing the gas and the car is not moving. Sweety that's cuz your spinning the tires too much. Try giving it less gas." Lol

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
This is an example of teenage girl learning to drive 700 HP gt500: "daddy I'm pressing the gas and the car is not moving. Sweety that's cuz your spinning the tires too much. Try giving it less gas." Lol

LMAO!!!

trakhoar

forum member
Reaction score
^^THIS.

My wife wants to get better with a manual so she can drive my car but she says she's afraid of it.

I'm going to take her to an empty parking lot and show her how hard it is to get a GT with only an intake and tune with 3.31s to do things you don't want it to.
What difficulties do you speak of? Mine seems to drive just fine

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
No difficulties. Car runs great.

My point was she's afraid to drive it yet its like a sheep compared some of the cars on here. Its not going to go sideways or even spin the tires unless your trying to make it.

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
No difficulties. Car runs great.

My point was she's afraid to drive it yet its like a sheep compared some of the cars on here. Its not going to go sideways or even spin the tires unless your trying to make it.

Take her and enter her in a local auto x event! Then she can learn to drive the car and learn it's/her limits in a controlled environment!!

Red_MagicGT

Tyler
Reaction score
Personally I think she will be fine. I'm only 19 and I've had my GT since I was 17 and I haven't done anything real stupid. I know there is a huge difference in hp but with the tune it will be fine. Those are both beautiful cars by the way.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm still on the fence because we haven't began practicing yet. The only reason it is being considered is because of the young lady she is. If she gets it down I'm inclined to let her take it.
I'm not going to tell you which way I think you should go with this. I'm offering this should you decide to let her go ahead with it.

Let me suggest that after she's got the hang of the clutch that the two of you enter an autocross or two. I'm not trying to lure you into taking up a different automotive activity on a permanent basis, and I realize that your car probably isn't set up very well for that activity. But hear me out.

It's the best opportunity I can think of for you to evaluate how she'll cope with the car and situations when she's under a little pressure and things happen faster than they usually do when cruising around the neighborhoods or driving down the highway. It'll also teach her that throttle control while turning is far more important than it is when you're pointed straight. Do not underestimate the importance of her understanding this.

If the two of you do go, just go to drive and learn, and let the run times fall where they may. I have a couple more suggestions if you do that I'll save until 'if' becomes 'when'.

My oldest granddaughter turns 15 this summer, also seems to have her head on straight, and if she's ever going to learn how to drive stick it'll probably be me sitting right seat while that's happening. So yeah, I've thought about this some . . .

Norm

orangensaft

People think its yellow
Reaction score
Take her and enter her in a local auto x event! Then she can learn to drive the car and learn it's/her limits in a controlled environment!!

She just wants to get comfortable driving it so I can take her truck if I need it. She's not going to race it anywhere.

Besides if she wanted to do that I'd sign her up for the HDPE at infineon with me.

Synister500

Reaction score
Updating everyone. Today is D-day. She has been practicing and driving the Shelby for about 6 wks. I know some people are going to disagree with my decision but my baby is taking my toy to Prom. It has a lot to do with trust and being a mature young lady. I want her to have a Prom she will never forget. She has overcome so much negativity in her life and I can only imagine how she feels knowing I trust her. She is using the "my key" key which limits power and a lot of other options for obvious safety reasons. Well it's time to start drinking lol! It's going to be a long night!!

cb30df7f.jpg

65f58bb7.jpg

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
I say your an awesome dad! I learned my son to drive my mustang when he was 16, but its auto and less than half your h.p....lol

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Only! n.m you suck..j/k. awesome ride sweet kid what else you need besides some xanex.:LMAO:

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the other people there much more than her. It sounds like the Valet key can solve problems, no more than 2500rpms....45mph, ect. And you trust her.

I would scope the area out before hand and see if there is a place she can park when she gets there in the back out of the way to try to limit the door ding possibility.

Just make sure she knows to put it in neutral when she goes to park! I'd hate to see her leave it in 1st and let off the clutch to get out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back