My car keeps eating slave cylinders, please help!

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Because the pressure plate is not bolted and torqued the fingers are not in the correct location but as an example we have. #1 is 2 5/8”. #2 is 2 1/2” so we have 1/8” preload and that will never work.

Jason Dowdy

Reaction score
Because the pressure plate is not bolted and torqued the fingers are not in the correct location but as an example we have. #1 is 2 5/8”. #2 is 2 1/2” so we have 1/8” preload and that will never work.

Awesome I got it. Thanks again.

Jason Dowdy

Reaction score
So I got 3 3/8 and 2 5/8= 3/4 So I would need a 1/4 spacer to make it 1 inch correct? Also when the pressure plate is torqued the fingers set down in the pressure plate so you can't get a straight edge on them. Does that sound right?

teeje

Reaction score
I had 3/4 preload on mine. Guess that's enough for me. Using a t56 magnum also

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

teeje

Reaction score
3-9/16 - 2-3/16= 3/4

These were my measurements

Jason Dowdy

Reaction score
Just getting conflicting opinions on this. Was told by Mcleod to compress the slave and do the measurements. And Everyone else says to leave it be. I am going to try with the spacers I have and see what happens measuring with it left alone after all Mcleod did tell me no need for a shim to begin with.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
So I got 3 3/8 and 2 5/8= 3/4 So I would need a 1/4 spacer to make it 1 inch correct? Also when the pressure plate is torqued the fingers set down in the pressure plate so you can't get a straight edge on them. Does that sound right?
Yes. When the pressure plate is torqued the fingers will be below the body of the pressure plate. Just put the straightedge across the pressure plate and measure to the fingers then subtract that number from the pressure plate to block number. DO NOT compress the throwout bearing for your measurement. The maximum length is what you need to know. It will tell you how much interference “preload” you will have when bolted together. That is the available travel.

Jason Dowdy

Reaction score
So I did the math and got it to exactly 1 inch and the trans wont go flush against the block. Gonna take some shim out I guess.

teeje

Reaction score
So I did the math and got it to exactly 1 inch and the trans wont go flush against the block. Gonna take some shim out I guess.
I have an email from McLeod. I used clutch kit 6918-07 and I'm using a t56 magnum xl. Was told no shims needed. My preload came out to be 3/4. Take pictures if you can

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Something is outa whack in translation or practice. Anywhere from 3/4” to an inch should work fine. Are you sure the pilot is not holding you back?

Jason Dowdy

Reaction score
So I was just tired last night and let it get to me I guess. Tried again this morning and it went right in with the correct shims. We will see how it does. Thanks for all the help.

teeje

Reaction score
Had 3/4 of an inch. I added 1/4 of spacer and got it to 1 inch.
Did your t56 come with the shim? I haven't looked yet. I still have to route my fuel system

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back