my dilemma. your opinion. Tires/Wheels/Suspension. PICS too!

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what are you on a 17in monitor or something?

fine, ill resize them for all you lazy asses :stooges:

;)

Nope...I'm on my 15' laptop sitting on my American Made leather chair eating orange sherbet watching a Danzel Washington movie...what's it to you? lol

RH

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Nope...I'm on my 15' laptop sitting on my American Made leather chair eating orange sherbet watching a Danzel Washington movie...what's it to you? lol

RH

well your 15in monitor should now better be able to handle my resize 750xsomething pixel pictures.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup...read the whole thread this time...lmao.

My buddy just put a set of these rims and tires on his 07 convertible and they look awesome. He dropped his car 1-1.25 inches and it looks better than ever!!

Go here for your tire size calculator. It will show you not only height differences but also width.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

The only drawback I see to going to the larger rims and lower springs is ride quality. It can get quite 'jouncy'. Also...your brakes look TINY inside those larger rims...but that's just my opinion.

Sorry for giving you a hard time earler...wait..not I'm not...that pic was HUGE!! lol

Good luck..hope this has helped some.

RH

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Yup...read the whole thread this time...lmao.

My buddy just put a set of these rims and tires on his 07 convertible and they look awesome. He dropped his car 1-1.25 inches and it looks better than ever!!

Go here for your tire size calculator. It will show you not only height differences but also width.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

The only drawback I see to going to the larger rims and lower springs is ride quality. It can get quite 'jouncy'. Also...your brakes look TINY inside those larger rims...but that's just my opinion.

Sorry for giving you a hard time earler...wait..not I'm not...that pic was HUGE!! lol

Good luck..hope this has helped some.

RH

Haha Thank you my friend for taking the time to read it and reply with what I was looking for. I mentioned in my thread that I did find a tire calculator that did compare the height visually like the link you provided, but I did find out more specs from yours which I am happy about. So ya, with the tire sizes for the new wheel, everything is pretty much the same.. off by like 0.1 inch.

appreciate it.

AS FOR ALL OF YOU other mother lovers out there, start reading!!! haha

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like that tire size calculator...you can easily try different sizes. I'm actually using it right now...I'm about to pull the trigger on some M/T's....loos like 305/35/18 is a good choice for me.

RH

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
I read THIS and giggled....

giggle on, giggler.

And you ppl wanna know something, im actually thinking straight now. I actually know what I want to do. still a work in progress but im sticking with 18s, not going with 20s. Im doing suspension first, since the new rims and tires are only 0.1 in difference in size so i would be able to see how it would potentially look with the wheels i have on their now after the suspension work. And when im definitely good and ready for new wheels, ill know where to turn to research them and what to look for.

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
LMAO! I thought that was El Paso. Spent some time down close to your neck of the woods earlier this decade when I was at FT Polk. After being here in Upper Northern Mexico, I really miss my Cajun Brethren.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
C'mon back! and thanks for your service!!!!
usaflag.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back