My install thread :D

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
the time has come, come to drop the stang as low as possible, and still make speed bumps my bitch
Got started on my air kit, even though I had to start late because of other shit coming up late. then had to finish early due to it getting late

Pics of the stuff :D
v7kSsWQl.jpg

zqWL0O2l.jpg

only got to working on the mount for the air tank/compressor/control unit
wQnAnKZl.jpg

only thing is the spare tire mount is in the way, im gonna cut open a square in the board and maybe even use it to help anchor everyone down too.
friend is gonna help me polish off the trunk mount tomorrow and work on my false floor, then run lines and air hoses.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
K Update time.
cut a hole in the board for everything to mount to, and found a way to secure it using the stock tire jack mounting position/<dont judge how ugly the hole we made is, lol>
EHyrCYql.jpg

got a better idea of where stuff with mount in the wheel well.
Em3NDXAl.jpg

everything will bolt directly to the wood and i will drop it all in as 1 piece, debating putting the valves somewhere else incase i want to add a 2nd compressor in there.
went and picked up carpet from auto zone to wrap the stuff with, and lowes for assorted bolts to put everything together.

The false floor is coming together too, i picked up a 4x4 of peghole board to build into the false floor, it will have the main section above the wheel well made of 2 pieces that will hinge towards the front, and other pieces around it to raise the rest of the floor up.
7g94Iyal.jpg

the plywood there will create a lip for the folding section to lay across and helps raise the floor.
I will either leave the edges of carpet loose to hang to the floor, or could just pull everything tight onto the lip.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
K Update time.
cut a hole in the board for everything to mount to, and found a way to secure it using the stock tire jack mounting position/<dont judge how ugly the hole we made is, lol>
EHyrCYql.jpg

Em3NDXAl.jpg

everything will bolt directly to the wood and i will drop it all in as 1 piece, debating putting the valves somewhere else incase i want to add a 2nd compressor in there.
went and picked up carpet from auto zone to wrap the stuff with, and lowes for assorted bolts to put everything together.

The false floor is coming together too, i picked up a 4x4 of peghole board to build into the false floor, it will have the main section above the wheel well made of 2 pieces that will hinge towards the front, and other pieces around it to raise the rest of the floor up.
7g94Iyal.jpg

the plywood there will create a lip for the folding section to lay across and helps raise the floor.
I will either leave the edges of carpet loose to hang to the floor, or could just pull everything tight onto the lip.

I would have went a little more sturdier board , but the round pancake air tank is a good idea.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
K Update time.
EHyrCYql.jpg

Em3NDXAl.jpg

7g94Iyal.jpg

I will either leave the edges of carpet loose to hang to the floor, or could just pull everything tight onto the lip.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I looked at Sherrods mustang pictures and noticed he completely cut out spare tire area. I like your idea a lot better.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea the middle boards will be strengthened with a few strips of plywood beneath them.
made a few steps over the days, still need to do my final fittings/wiring then i can hook everything up.
Mount for compressor/tank carpeted
JWFvXURl.jpg

Valve block mounted in the trunk just above passenger wheel
Vs5sV18l.jpg

tank and compressor mounted to board and placed in car, should be room to install a second compressor if/when i need.

NGgNg0sl.jpg

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i picked up some fittings at local fastenal today, so should hopefully be able to install the bags tomorrow

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
no pics for the update.
but I got the wiring finished, and installed the rear bags/shocks.
and installed the lca's i bought from MARK S, UCA and fronts will come next week due to having stuff planned till sunday.
just getting the FRPP lowering springs off the back made the ride sooo much more comfortable, cant wait to start testing out the full suspension and know how hard I can take turns before I should clench up.

btw installing the rear bags is such a pain in the ass, getting holes drilled correctly, getting the bag in place, and the lower nuts to attach to the axle had to be tapped before I could use them, no big deal.
Fixed a minor leak at the valve block and will check back tomorrow to see what the PSI is at.

the struts will just fly in, not looking forward to replacing my UCA, but necessary evil and so forth

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
thanks LAStang.
ive gotta do something with the compressor mounting though, things loud as shit :p
will adjust the bumpstops down to where i wanna lay down at.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
thanks LAStang.
ive gotta do something with the compressor mounting though, things loud as shit :p
will adjust the bumpstops down to where i wanna lay down at.

not sure, but maybe you could use some foam insulation to deaden the sound. basically the same principle as a enclosed generator, I have a Honda generator that is totally enclosed and it's very quit.. just an idea. congrats on getting your air bags in..

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
welp today there was a snag or two, but i got it finished.
Found out when I removed my strut it had camber bolts in it, and local dealership didnt have any replacement bolts. Had to head to a hardware store and pickup some grade 8 bolts, which were VERY snug against the spindle...
Got the struts bolted up, air lines connected and even got to play around with it :D
removed and taped the fittings in the tank because half of them had a leak using the liquid gasket they sent me
Ran the calibration test so it knows what it takes to fill/empty X ammount and I setup some presets

still need to work on silencing the compressor this week but for now the thing runs and keeps air :)

Didnt get a chance to take pics in good lighting, so will take more tomorrow
kD6VyL8l.jpg

01ZtrZ6l.jpg

ApFEPlxl.jpg

ps. jeremy I would recommend shipping the tape instead of the liquid pack, maybe Im fail at it but I couldnt get it to seal for shit, so just removed it and wrapped tape around it

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Did you try using liquid Teflon? some times it works better than Teflon tape, at lease in my past experience with sealing air fittings and such. Used it on all my air brush manifolds, when i used to do air brushing for a living.also used it a lot on my air compressor fittings. any way just an idea.. congrats on getting closer to finish on your airlift project.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
took some slightly better pics today, but wasnt able to wash due to on/off sprinkling of rain that would have just gotten all messy again

aygsxTTl.jpg

dgKXC2Ol.jpg

4Z1WcK9l.jpg

uyojwVDl.jpg

yea i used the liquid stuff they sent with the kit, but apparently im bad at it, so I cleaned it off and used teflon tape that was sitting around

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
The car looks great!!! I have not had an issue with the liquid sealer, but I will agree the tape is much easier to work with..

Time to change your mod signature!!!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yup, the tape is alot cleaner, i wound up getting the liquid stuff all over :p

thanks for the thumbs up jeremy, i may need to get a splitter so i can drop as low as your sig ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back