My New 2014 GT!

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
I decided it was time to move on and traded in my 07 (see sig pic) and got this great deal on a certified pre-owned 2014 with 5K miles.

Premium Package
Brembos
3.73 gear
Comfort Package
Rear camera
etc....

This is the only pic I have at this moment because it's in the garage. Funny story.....I have always had SUV's my whole life (36 years old) until my 07 which was an automatic. So this is my first venture into a manual transmission and will be getting a lesson this Saturday from a great friend that also helped me get it home.

I cannot believe I admitted that.....

My first plans are to transfer some of the parts from my 07:

Tokico D-Specs
J&M LCA
UMI LCA Brackets
UPR Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Edelbrock Panhard
Hood Struts
bunch of other little parts too....

Future plans for now are:
Springs
CAI
Tune
Matte Black Stripe
Tint Windows and Corner Markers
O/R X-pipe
Mufflers of some kind (stock at first to see how they sound with above)
Louvers
Chin Spoiler

Any insight or tips from the 5.0 owners would also be much appreciated since I haven't really followed along much on them.

Last edited:

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Manual FTW! The easiest way to driving a manual is to give it a bunch of rev's and release the clutch as fast as you can:clap:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
So this is my first venture into a manual transmission and will be getting a lesson this Saturday from a great friend that also helped me get it home.

I cannot believe I admitted that.....

I did the exact same thing, lol. Bought my car brand new without knowing how the drive a manual. Lets just say leaving the dealership was rather interesting. I went from that to powershifting at the 1320 a couple of years later, you will get a hang of it in no time. Congrats on the purchase!

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Grandpa taught me to drive a standard VW bug in the snow when I was 10.........while he sat in the passenger seat laughing his ass off. Once you learn you never forget. Enjoy your new ride!

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments fellas! I am very tempted to give it a shot before Saturday :)

My only concern is nailing the garage wall going in and out.

One question.....Where in the world do you take a car to get a vinyl stripe put on? I have googled the Atlanta area and nothing really comes up. Is this something you just have the dealership do and pay out the ass for?

28ONE

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments fellas! I am very tempted to give it a shot before Saturday :)

My only concern is nailing the garage wall going in and out.

One question.....Where in the world do you take a car to get a vinyl stripe put on? I have googled the Atlanta area and nothing really comes up. Is this something you just have the dealership do and pay out the ass for?

Body shop can do it. If it was me, I wouldn't put the stripes on...

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
Obviously nothing is set in stone as far as stripes, but it did look really good on the black GT500 in the showroom.

Maybe some silver hash marks......who knows. Let the modding begin again!

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the stripes in my opinion.

But if you want them...search for sign shops in your area. Most of them should do automotive lettering.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Forget the stripes in my opinion.

But if you want them...search for sign shops in your area. Most of them should do automotive lettering.
Bingo. Find somebody who does vinyl lettering, or full vehicle wraps. Body shops are usually OK for vinyl, but the best place to go is somebody who is used to layering multiple colors of die cut vinyl, as they know how to throw it on perfect the first time.

Learn to drive it before you mod it much. Hill assist will be your favorite thing ever if you drive a car without it or turn it off for some reason.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back