New guy here. Just put money on a '14 GT with Track Pack

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Not sure if this'll work, but here's a link to the window sticker of this car:

2014 window sticker

Yes, it's a Brembo Pack car with the 3.73 stand-alone option.
Not a bad package at all. You've got the best brakes offered at the time, and a great rear axle ratio.
2014_400A_BremboPack.png

I knew there was Brembo package and track pack package but someone said 3.73 were an option on its own?

So if you have 3.73 you have track pack? Also the Torsen LSD comes with that finned cover?

Yes, as seen in the window sticker option breakdown above, the 3.73 limited slip axle ratio was a $395 option by itself.
This was to replace the standard 3.31 ratio.
This was NOT the Torsen diff, it was a clutch-pack-style diff.
And no, just because it has 3.73s doesn't mean it's a Track Pack car, that was a separate option package by itself.
From the Mustang brochure of the days:

option_packs_2013-2014.jpg

And the Track Pack as described above, was only available on 2013-2014 cars.
The 2011-2012 cars had the Brembo Pack option, but no Track Pack:

option_packs_2011-2012.jpg

Not necessarily, you can have BBP and add Torsen Diff.

It comes with the Track-Pack, not sure if all Torsen Diffs come with it though.

No, the Torsen was only available as part of the Track Pack, only on manual-transmission coupes.
You could've added the 3.73 ratio, but the differential was a clutch-pack style, not the helical-gear Torsen.

The window sticker for my Mustang shows the 3.73 option for $395 and the Brembo Brake Package for $1,695.

Yes, they were available separately. You could've had a Brembo Pack car with the standard 3.31 axle ratio.

That's one heavily optioned base car. Never saw one like that. What's still "base" about it? Door panel inserts and floor mats? Does it have the track apps/premium cluster?

It's a 2-option base model.
No Tech Pack, no other options that were available separately.
If I remember correctly, you could get the back-up sensors and a few other things, even on the Deluxe (base) model.
My car also doesn't have the upgraded gauges, so no Track Apps.

option_packs_2013-2014.jpg

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
While I suppose having a true "Track Pack" car would have been cherry, in all honesty I'm quite happy with the Brembo Package and the 3.73 rear. For some reason, this car also has more exhaust note than the '13 GT I tested earlier, which didn't have much sound at all. That '13 also had the 3.31 rear and it didn't take me long to figure out I wanted nothing to do with that ratio.

So between the Grabber Blue color, the BBP, the 3.73, the manual, the leather seats, the small rear spoiler, the exhaust note, the lack of a touchscreen, and the low miles (42k), this is as close to the perfect Mustang I could ever hope for. Tomorrow is the day I finalize the deal and drive it home and I can't wait. A friend of mine who is a Mustang guy is driving me to the dealership in his '69, so that's kind of exciting, too. If I can figure out posting pics, I'll put a few up here afterwards.

Really appreciate all the posts here, fellas.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Again, congrats on the new ride.
I'm the original owner of my '13, ordered it and picked it up new August 2012. Just turned 57,000 miles on it last Friday and still love driving it every time I do.

RoushStage2

Reaction score
Congrats on the nice low mileage find. Not sure if you went ahead with the purchase, but it sounds like you found a well cared-for one. The information that Gabe and CRJackson gave you for the Brembo package vs the Track package is the correct information. I too am the original owner of my special ordered 2014 Track package car as well. My window sticker is like CRJackon's when it comes to the Track Package option. So from what you have given us it sounds like yours is a Brembo Package car with the 3.73 option added, but likely not a full Track Pack car.

Still a nice car and you should really enjoy it! Congrats again. I love the 2013/2014 S197s! Great cars!

Last edited:

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome, as you can see plenty of helpful information. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Post a picture of the mufflers

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Muffler delete pipes with the factory resonators still in place.
By the way, that's not a dent in the resonator, that's the way Ford built them. They're both the same, one is installed upside down and makes that "dent" visible. It's normal.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Took it around town a little bit today after work. It received quite a bit of attention. Some dude in a Subaru tailgated me bigtime on the Route into town. Not sure what his deal was. Maybe he wanted to hear the exhaust better, maybe he was being a (censored), maybe he wanted to race. I get a HUGE smile driving this beast.

I've been looking at wheels to replace these stock ones. What do you guys think of Forgestar? I want five spokes and they look decent.

Last edited:

crjackson

Reaction score
Some dude in a Subaru tailgated me bigtime on the Route into town. Not sure what his deal was.
His deal is, he’s an Asshole. Probably a jealous Asshole. As Robert Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond) would say, he’s a “JealAss”

JC SSP

Reaction score
Those WRX especially the STI think they are hot stuff. No match for a Mustang GT!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back