New guy here. Just put money on a '14 GT with Track Pack

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Just popping in to introduce myself. From 16 years old to 31 I owned Mustangs and then sold my last one when we were expecting our first child. Now, 23 years later (and five kids, too), I am getting back in the Mustang game.

It took me a couple months to really nail down exactly what I was looking for and once I did, I found "The One." It's a 2014 Grabber Blue GT with manual transmission and the Track Pack. It has 42k miles and is in excellent condition. Looks like it was garaged. Hoping to bring it home in a week.

Let's see if the pics work. I'm including a pic of my last Mustang, an '87 LX 5.0 with a few goodies.

IMG_0436.JPEG

IMG_0438.jpg

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Not yet. I ended up paying what they were asking. As I'd been looking online (nationwide) for the Mustang that perfectly fit my criteria, I really didn't have much of a choice. It was either agree to pay or not buy it. This was the Mustang.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the '14.
I do have some questions about the '14, since I've seen many '11-'14 Coyotes advertised as "Track Pack" cars when they turned out to be just Brembo Pack cars.
The Track Pack included some easy to verify items, such as a fully painted rear axle with the aluminum vented diff cover, 5w50-oil spec visible on the oil cap, the front Brembo brakes (also shared with the Brembo Pack cars of course), and a little harder to see, the Boss302 oil cooler (sandwiched between the engine and oil filter). It also includes the Boss302 radiator, not sure how easy it is to ID that though.
Does this blue car have any of the items I mentioned?
The rear axle should look like this if it's a Track Pack car:

20120826_rear-diff.JPG

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
When I was at the dealer (1.25hrs away) over a week ago, I saw the Brembos, saw that it had the 3.73 rear, and heard the exhaust and just assumed it had the Track Pack. I haven't seen the car since and will be going back on Wednesday of this week to pay for it and pick it up.

However, I did see the original window sticker and under options it lists the Brembo Brake Package and also the 3.73 LS rear, but nothing that says "Track Package," so it appears as though it does not have the full Track Pack. I'm fine with that, as it's the Brembos, 3.73, and exhaust sound that I wanted more than anything else for options.

Also, I doubt I'll be doing anything to this car other than possibly putting new wheels on it. I like five spokers. I don't need more power and the exhaust sounds great as is. Not going to race it, either, so keeping it in stock form will be fine.

JC SSP

Reaction score
I always thought 3.73 was track pack? I might be wrong…

crjackson

Reaction score
nothing that says "Track Package,"
The “Track Package” includes MANY upgrades not listed on the window sticker (Including Brembo brakes). Below is a window sticker from my Track-Pack ‘14. I bought two of them at the time (one for the wife). We had identical cars, except I added the Electronics/Nav package to mine.
File 2021-09-09 17-02-18.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yes the Track Pack was $2,495 it's one of the only 2 options my base '13 GT has, the other being the cloth Recaro seats.

As far as the 3.73 axle ratio, it was available separately.

The big difference with Track Pack cars is that the diff is a Torsen unit, so it's all gears, no clutch packs to wear out.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Yes the Track Pack was $2,495 it's one of the only 2 options my base '13 GT has, the other being the cloth Recaro seats.

As far as the 3.73 axle ratio, it was available separately.

The big difference with Track Pack cars is that the diff is a Torsen unit, so it's all gears, no clutch packs to wear out.
Not sure if this'll work, but here's a link to the window sticker of this car:

2014 window sticker

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like a track pack car. Compared to the Brembo package though, I think the track pack only adds the Torsen rear end, Boss 302 radiator and oil cooler.

crjackson

Reaction score
The (55D) Brembo Brake Package includes the following:
  • Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
  • 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
  • 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
  • Different Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
  • Different Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
  • GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
  • Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
  • Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
  • Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire

The GT Track Package comes with all of the above +
  • 3.73 final ratio
  • Torsen limited slip dif
  • Boss Radiator
  • Engine Oil cooler

JC SSP

Reaction score
I knew there was Brembo package and track pack package but someone said 3.73 were an option on its own?

So if you have 3.73 you have track pack? Also the Torsen LSD comes with that finned cover?

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
I knew there was Brembo package and track pack package but someone said 3.73 were an option on its own?

So if you have 3.73 you have track pack? Also the Torsen LSD comes with that finned cover?
The window sticker for my Mustang shows the 3.73 option for $395 and the Brembo Brake Package for $1,695.

yote0

Reaction score

That's one heavily optioned base car. Never saw one like that. What's still "base" about it? Door panel inserts and floor mats? Does it have the track apps/premium cluster?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back