New guy here. Just put money on a '14 GT with Track Pack

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Get used to AH drivers challenging you when you drive a Mustang GT. I just ignore them.

There aren’t that many choices of wheels that fit the Brembo equipped cars.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
So what do you guys think about Forgestar wheels? I'm kind of liking the CF5 in anodized silver.
Those should fit and look really good. Just don't do a very concave design on the front.
Which sizes are you looking at?

MrBhp

Reaction score
Personally, I would go with something a bit wider, squared. I run staggered, but it's not for every one. I have test fit forged 18x11 on the back, over big wilwood calipers. Also 18x9.5 in the front over 6-pot wilwood calipers. They worked. BUT, very few 18's will work, only forged. Just food for thought.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
What are the practical differences between running with all four tires being the same width vs. wider tires in the rear?

JC SSP

Reaction score
You can rotate the same size and get better tread life...

The staggered is a cool look or you need the widest tire to hook... Very common on Corvettes, Porsches and BMWs, etc.

MrBhp

Reaction score
You can rotate the same size and get better tread life...

The staggered is a cool look or you need the widest tire to hook... Very common on Corvettes, Porsches and BMWs, etc.
Now I'm sad. You grouped me with Corvettes, Porsches and BMWs.

Reaction score
Congratulations on your (new to you) 2014 Mustang GT. That's a great looking, low mileage Mustang!! I have heard that the Grabber Blue was a rare color and combined with the Brembo package and the 3.73 rear axle, the production numbers for that combination may be low. Good luck and enjoy!! It looks like you're in Connecticut? I split my year between Massachusetts and Florida.

I have a 2012 Mustang GT (approximately 63K miles now) that I ordered in April of 2011 and took delivery in June. I started with the GT Premium and added the Red Candy Metallic paint, Over the top stripes, HID headlights and security package, and the 3.73 rear axle. The car is also an MT-82 manual transmission. I chose not to upgrade to the Brembo package and the car has the base GT 18"x8" inch painted 5 spoke wheels. Believe it or not, the base wheels made the car a "one of one" for the 2012 model year (according to the Marti report - copyright says I can't post that document). I guess that just means I was only guy too cheap to buy the Brembo package or upgrade the wheels, given the other included options. If you're interested, you can see some pictures of that car (Massachusetts), and my 2014 GT (approximately 60K miles now, Brembo package, 6R80 automatic, 3.15 axle in Florida) in these threads.
Drag Wheels
I have also attached copies of the 2012 GT and 2014 GT original stickers for these two cars.

Attachments

• 1ZVBP8CF8C5225659_windowSticker.pdf
    718.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1ZVBP8CF9E5318208_windowSticker.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know what was done with this exhaust, but it sounds incredible. Absolutely incredible. The driving experience is...lively and exhilarating. When I got home with it 1hr and 15 minutes later, I was ready for a break. This is "The One."
My 2014 Mustang GT has Legato axle backs on it from the previous owner and it does have a mind-numbing drone at highway speeds. I have heard great things about the Ford Performance (AKA GT 500 mufflers) axle backs and I will probably buy those at some point. Most reviews specifically say there is no drone, but they have a great note and get louder around 3000 RPM.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
My 2014 Mustang GT has Legato axle backs on it from the previous owner and it does have a mind-numbing drone at highway speeds. I have heard great things about the Ford Performance (AKA GT 500 mufflers) axle backs and I will probably buy those at some point. Most reviews specifically say there is no drone, but they have a great note and get louder around 3000 RPM.
I have noticed that there is a drone around 65mph with this setup. Not sure what I'll do, but will probably keep driving it just the way it is for a while. Well, when winter is over anyway.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: I'm running 93 in it, but it will be garaged for the winter, so it'll be sitting for about three months. Should I put some fuel stabilizer in the tank? Maybe Stabil or Seafoam?

robvas

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: I'm running 93 in it, but it will be garaged for the winter, so it'll be sitting for about three months. Should I put some fuel stabilizer in the tank? Maybe Stabil or Seafoam?
You can, but it's only three months so you don't have to. Get a battery tender and just let it sit.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Top it off with 93, and you can out some Stabil in it if you want, but not really needed. When you start driving it again in the spring, just take it easy on it until the tank of old gas is spent, then re-fill and have fun.
Meanwhile, like mentioned above, have it on a battery tender and let it sit, no need to start it every so often, unless you're actually gonna DRIVE it.

Wobblin-Goblin

Reaction score
Top it off with 93, and you can out some Stabil in it if you want, but not really needed. When you start driving it again in the spring, just take it easy on it until the tank of old gas is spent, then re-fill and have fun.
Meanwhile, like mentioned above, have it on a battery tender and let it sit, no need to start it every so often, unless you're actually gonna DRIVE it.
Oh, I've already taken it down my driveway a number of times just to scratch the itch. I suspect I'll do that as often as I'm able. That's the downside of buying a car like this so close to winter in New England: you're going to end up waiting a while to fully enjoy it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back