My new car (sort of)

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
Well, here's my story: I started a business at 18 detailing cars. Just here and there on the side. In 6 months I had steady daily business after my college classes, and on weekends. I also worked for my dad part time as well. After getting busy enough, I bought the Chevy Xtreme and went mobile, building my own trailer. I decided to see if I could sell the trailer, figuring it was simple and build another. I sold it for a nice, hefty profit, rather easily, and built another. I put that one up for sale as well, using it while I was selling it. After a while, I sold the detailing aspect of the business for a nice chunk of change, and with that overhead, I started building trailers, much higher quality, full time, and selling them nationally via my own website and a couple other websites.

So washing cars and working for your father put you through college, and had you a supercharged, widebody NSX(Still easily a 50k build) and 2 other cars? Props, you must have hustled hard, gotten a lot of financial aid, and lived in a shit hole of an apartment to pull that off.

I'm not hating on the kids car, I have plenty of friends with nice cars their parents get them. I'm hating on the fact that the one time I met him he was extremely arrogant and self entitled, with nothing to his name to speak for.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
So washing cars and working for your father put you through college, and had you a supercharged, widebody NSX(Still easily a 50k build) and 2 other cars? Props, you must have hustled hard, gotten a lot of financial aid, and lived in a shit hole of an apartment to pull that off.

I'm not hating on the kids car, I have plenty of friends with nice cars their parents get them. I'm hating on the fact that the one time I met him he was extremely arrogant and self entitled, with nothing to his name to speak for.

I can see that HE was the one with the arrogant attitude...

I was not washing cars. I was manufacturing units to wash cars. I had a 100% markup on them. People were paying it. I was building and selling at the rate of 3-6 per week. I still also was able to work for my dad as it took me a couple hours to build a weeks worth of orders.

I had plans to expand into detailing supplies and open a high end detail shop, but I never got to that point.

I lived in a very nice 3 bedroom apartment. I rented one room to my best friend, but half the time he couldn't afford the rent.

The NSX had over $20k in modifications...The LS1 was mostly done by me and my buddy. As was the mud truck.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I also didn't have to pay for college. If you have higher than a 3.75 GPA in high school, Bright Futures pays for your college...state funded. Plus a $600 stipend for books/supplies

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
People dont get it adds up! He probably does make decent money but the smart thing to do is if he lived with his parents! Think about it. 50k a year as a car salesman, a paid off car and no rent. Yeah money to spend adds up. That's just an example. Not saying that's how it is but I'm young and I know a lot of examples like the ones I stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tap Tap Taparoo

That is one key factor, no rent. I'd rather wait until the time is right and purchase a home rather than spend what money I'm making now on rent just for the sake of moving out. I'm very fortunate that my parents aren't in any rush to "kick me out" so I'm going to ride it out as long as possible. haha

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
That is one key factor, no rent. I'd rather wait until the time is right and purchase a home rather than spend what money I'm making now on rent just for the sake of moving out. I'm very fortunate that my parents aren't in any rush to "kick me out" so I'm going to ride it out as long as possible. haha

Same here man! 1500 sq foot basement .. I'll take it! And college isnt cheap. So when I'm married and graduated I'll be glad to buy a home but until then I'll put my extra pay into my car and some in savings of course (;

Sent from my iPhone using Tap Tap Taparoo

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
You said you lost your ass on building a $24,000 trailer that you sold for $35,000

But you said you had a 100% upcharge?

My math sucks, but 100% upcharge would be $48,000

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
You said you lost your ass on building a $24,000 trailer that you sold for $35,000

But you said you had a 100% upcharge?

My math sucks, but 100% upcharge would be $48,000

I'm sure he had the 100% upcharge on the cheaper trailers. I would like to know what a $35k auto detailing trailer is equipped with though. That's insane.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
It was an enclosed trailer with a hot cold pressure cleaner, a huge generator, all the accessories, a water recollection system, water purifying system and a bunch of other stuff. Oh and custom paint

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Oh and since I may start building again I keep under wraps :). Reg units had 100% markup. Custom units not as much

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back