Need All-Season tires w/ nice performance

Shades

Reaction score
I got the GT upgraded premium rims (17') on the stock Pirellis. Not only is there not much thread left, but with my mods they suck to begin with.

I heard good things about Eagle GT's and a few other tires, and since I live in NY where snow comes the fuck outta nowhere (and this is my daily driver) I need some all-seasons that hook up at least decently..anyone (especially that's been in my position already) got any suggestions?

Shades

Reaction score
Not sure about snow use, but the BFG KDW NT's are great in wet or dry conditions.

my tires got to be able to be decent in cold weather and at least have enough snow and ice traction to get me home from work or school (15 miles about)

Tommygun

forum member
Reaction score
Eagle F1 all season, they have a "ice" rating.

or check out some Kumho's

I would suggest getting some winter wheels and tires though, it will save you a lot of problems and get some real snow tires.

Shades

Reaction score
Eagle F1 all season, they have a "ice" rating.

or check out some Kumho's

I would suggest getting some winter wheels and tires though, it will save you a lot of problems and get some real snow tires.

Yea, I was deciding between the Eagle F1's and the Eagle GT's but it seems like the F1's got a lot better customer reviews.

Shades

Reaction score
What's your tire budget?

I've heard many good things about the new Goodyear Eagle GT's but haven't tried them myself.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...=355WR7GT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes

Not too worried about the budget, all decent tires are in the same budget.

As for the Eagle GT's my friend has them and he loves them, but the Eagle F1's got a little better reviews for a little more money so I'll probably try those out. The GT's are nice tires though.

MotorcityMustang

Reaction score
I had great luck w/ BFGs old KDWS tires. Ran them on an '01 Cobra and an '03 350Z w/ good luck. They've since discontinued those and there's a new G force all season IIRC. Is likely an updated version of that tire.

They were fantastic dry and wet and held their own very well in the snow. Get whatever you get siped (Discount can do this). Makes a huge difference in rain and snow.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
We just put a set of Eagle GTs on my wife's Lincoln LS this spring and love them. Very good in the rain. Haven't tried them in any snow yet.

Dave

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had great luck w/ BFGs old KDWS tires. Ran them on an '01 Cobra and an '03 350Z w/ good luck. They've since discontinued those and there's a new G force all season IIRC. Is likely an updated version of that tire.

They were fantastic dry and wet and held their own very well in the snow. Get whatever you get siped (Discount can do this). Makes a huge difference in rain and snow.

I don't take my '05 out in the winter, but I use those BFG KDWS's on my daily driven '97 Mustang GT. Works pretty damn good considering, especially if I put a bag of sand in the trunk for added weight...

ixtlan

Reaction score
I really like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus so far.
They do great on wet roads and really channel away the water, and on dry they grip like a bastard.
Snow is coming so I will get a chance to see how they do on ice and slush.
Widest you can put on the stock 17 inch rims is 255 45 17's though.
And you loose a tad bit of sidewall.

fr9779.jpg

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Kuhmo Ecsta ASX

Put these on the wife's car and have been very pleased. Reasonably priced as well...

Shades

Reaction score
The Kuhmo's do look nice and for the price they are very persuading..

stang03

forum member
Reaction score
I really like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus so far.
They do great on wet roads and really channel away the water, and on dry they grip like a bastard.
Snow is coming so I will get a chance to see how they do on ice and slush.
Widest you can put on the stock 17 inch rims is 255 45 17's though.
And you loose a tad bit of sidewall.

fr9779.jpg

I am liking these!

What about some Hankook's?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back