Need Help Finding Tuner North Alabama

LBSRACING

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty much what its says. From asking around most of my problems seem to be in the tune. Looking for a good tuner somewhat close to north Alabama. Car has a built bottom end, Procharger D1sc 16lbs and supporting mods. Right now the car puts down 525wrhp but stutters between 2000-3000. When driving around town sometimes when you nail it it takes off great other times it seems slugish and lacks power. When I put a slick on it falls right on its face and will only run 103mph out the back door. Mind you it will run 118mph with street tires. About 5 or 6 people have been tuning on the car in the past 3 years. and no great luck luck yet. I am out of the right now counrty this is the main reason why im trying to keep it close to home if posible. Any great sugestions?

blackmustang285

Reaction score
I am not sure if he is even in business anymore, but Doug at Bamachips is in Jasper, Alabama. That is the closest to North Alabama I know of. I am not real sure about his business right now though because he has had some personal issues.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
With all your mods you shouldn't want anything but the best tune you can get. For that I'd go see Eric at brooksspeed in tifton GA. http://www.brooksspeed.com/

Edit: It's a bit of a drive from you but I know a guy that flew him 3000 miles to have him tune his car.

Last edited:

LBSRACING

forum member
Reaction score
With all your mods you shouldn't want anything but the best tune you can get. For that I'd go see Eric at brooksspeed in tifton GA. http://www.brooksspeed.com/

Edit: It's a bit of a drive from you but I know a guy that flew him 3000 miles to have him tune his car.

You make the third person to recommend Eric at Brooksspeed. I'll have to see if I can give him a call.

Thanks

asilver2001gt

forum member
Reaction score
Eric Brooks....you could use the Walker's Dyno and either have Eric do a tune via email or drive to Tifton. When I install cams I'm driving to Tifton...its about a 6 hour drive for me

LBSRACING

forum member
Reaction score
Eric Brooks....you could use the Walker's Dyno and either have Eric do a tune via email or drive to Tifton. When I install cams I'm driving to Tifton...its about a 6 hour drive for me

I havent looked to see exactly how long of a drive it is for me yet. Thats why im still weighting all options right now.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brooksspeed is the best? Never heard that before. Then again, they've only been open since '08, so maybe word just hasn't got around. Doug's been tuning S197's since '05, and I've only heard great things about him. Got my car tuned by Doug twice, picked up 27hp from stock with just a CAI and great customer service.

Last edited:

LBSRACING

forum member
Reaction score
Brooksspeed is the best? Never heard that before. Then again, they've only been open since '08, so maybe word just hasn't got around. Doug's been tuning S197's since '05, and I've only heard great things about him. Got my car tuned by Doug twice, picked up 27hp from stock with just a CAI and great customer service.

Thanks for the info. That doesn't sound like a place for me. I have been reading on here how Doug is a good guy but seems to be having problems. Is he still tuning cars right now?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Dude, Blake @ Walker will fix you up...He is KILLER with tuning power adder cars...

If not Blake, Eric or Doug....It is a bit of a drive, but they are AWESOME!!....Go to Running With The Devil in Mobile....you want regret it!!

Last edited:

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, Blake @ Walker will fix you up...He is KILLER with tuning power adder cars...

If not Blake, Eric or Doug....It is a bit of a drive, but they are AWESOME!!....Go to Running With The Devil in Mobile....you want regret it!!

James Parker at RWTD is awesome, he did the tune on my car and my old Lightning. Great guy, very knowledgeable. Hard to reach though, I've seen a lot of "where is James?" threads lately and his website is down, no longer a supporting vendor over at... another forum, and hasn't answered my last few emails. I'm not sure he is still in the business, can anyone confirm?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been tuning longer than that, just didn't form a business until 08.

I think everyone knew when I said "open", that I meant that an official brick and mortar business was formed. It's kind of hard for word to get around about a business if one does not exist.

I've been tuning cars for thirty years, but that would be deceiving to my customers to claim that shadetree experience if I started a business tomorrow.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I've had great tuning through BB&T performance outside of Memphis as well as a few other members on the board. Quite a few swear by Dynospeed in Memphis as well it just depends on what your looking for out of the tune.

silverhorse 74'

Reaction score
Where's James

Did anyone ever locate James? I need a tune! I'm in Pensacola, Fl. He's the only guy local to me that I hear good things about. JMS is only an hour or so but I hear not so good things?

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
Did anyone ever locate James? I need a tune! I'm in Pensacola, Fl. He's the only guy local to me that I hear good things about. JMS is only an hour or so but I hear not so good things?

i have had nothin but great luck with jms! their suspension guy knows his shit and the tuner/owner is spot on. im never going to any other shop.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back