Need help!

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
This is going to be long but please bare with me:

so as most of you may know I thought I needed a new clutch because my car is having that "lagging" problem in high rpm's and m trap speeds are all over the place. But, for some reason, I thought it may be something else. Since BBR is an hour from me, I brought it to HP Logic which is a very reputable tuner shop near me where one of my really good friends owns it. I had him drive my car to see if he can see if I really needed the clutch or if it was a different situation. He said it felt more like a tuning problem and could easiy be fixed. So, just to see how the AFR was, we hooked it up and took it for a spin. I didn't see the guage, but he said that it was running lean, but it kept fluctuating and it needed to be retuned and that a clutch would so help even out too. Since it was Christmas week, I didn't get a chance to take it to BBR so they could fix it. Anyway, today I was driving on the turnpike and a 335i that sounded modded wanted to have some fun. So, I dropped it to 3rd and started to do the bogging/lagging thing again, but I blew it off. For some reason, it was doing it worse than usual (probably because I got a lot colder but I have no idea). So as I was about to shift, it sounded as if my intercooler piping had popped off ( it happened once before, so it sounded like it). When I put it back into 5th, the car wouldn't accelerate AT ALL. Luckily, an exit was coming and the 335i that I was running, got off at the same exit. As I was at the light looking for somewhere to pull off to, my car started slowly sounded like it was turning off. The guy next o m asked if everything was ok, and I told him something was wrong. Than, my car just shut off. I tried turning it back on, and it just died again. He pulled off to the side and helped me push my car over. It smelled like I was leaking fuel. Everytime I started up the car, it just slowly died. Finally, the check engine light came in. Anyway, I don't know what's wrong with it. Since it Sunday and BBR I closed, I had it towed to my friends shop where hopefully he canfind out what's wong with it. If any of you hav any ideas as to what might be wrong, please give me your input and thanks for putting up with my story

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
what was the afr before your friend touched the tune,did he retune it or just took a look

Last edited:

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
did u look at the fuel line that enters into the fuel rail the disconnect clip

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
you might have had a leak the whole time. maybe a pipe slowly slipping til it completely came off. vac/boost leaks can cause fluctuation in afr, especially if its after the maf. you are running a step colder plug right?

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
you might have had a leak the whole time. maybe a pipe slowly slipping til it completely came off. vac/boost leaks can cause fluctuation in afr, especially if its after the maf. you are running a step colder plug right?

That's probably what happened. I do have 1 step colder spark plugs on the car. I hope it's not a seriou issue and costs me a fortune. If it does, I'm calling Ariel (hellion).

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
blowing off turbo piping is a common thing for boosted cars in general. what fuel pump are you using with that much power? how many miles on the car? maybe change the fuel filter.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
blowing off turbo piping is a common thing for boosted cars in general. what fuel pump are you using with that much power? how many miles on the car? maybe change the fuel filter.

I have the Ken bell boost-a-pump right now in the car. The car has 25k mikes on it right now and only 2k with the kit on it. Not sure about the fuel filter. I'm sure BBR would have checked it and told me if I needed a new 1.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
I have the Ken bell boost-a-pump right now in the car. The car has 25k mikes on it right now and only 2k with the kit on it. Not sure about the fuel filter. I'm sure BBR would have checked it and told me if I needed a new 1.

well there are a lot of guys on here that wouldnt go more than 15k without hanging it. it only cost $6 at oreillys and takes about 30 mins. always go with the cheapest things first.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
well there are a lot of guys on here that wouldnt go more than 15k without hanging it. it only cost $6 at oreillys and takes about 30 mins. always go with the cheapest things first.

I'll go pick 1 up tomorrow and have it put in so there are no further mishaps. Thanks for the advice!

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
just change it and go from there

I will. And I got some good news! Just called and found out that the wire in my trunk for the boost-a-pump got knocked off and was causing the "lagging" the entire time. I have to go pick up the car in a little bit so I can see if that really fixed the entire problem. I sure hope so though. Luckily it was something minor because I called and he told me "you lifted the head". I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and died as soon as I heard those words. He started cracking up and just told me it was done. Such an ass!

hellion

Banned
Reaction score
good deal bro figured it was that,now see how it feels should be a 100 times better performing

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
good deal bro figured it was that,now see how it feels should be a 100 times better performing

thanks man. When are you planning on taking out that gt500 fuel system?

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
sweet that would definatelt cause the problem you were having. now its time for new times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back