Need pics of SLP line lock solenoid installed

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Like the title says, please post a pic of the SLP line lock solenoid installed. I think Hawgman runs one and I am sure there are others. I am either putting this one or the Motoblue kit on so no need to promote others in this thread. Thanks.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PMP linelocks FTW!! sorry couldnt resist. good luck with the SLP

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's pretty burried under "stuff". Not sure I can even get a picture of it. It is on the drivers fender well. Pretty hidden and out of the way.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
I know of the general location but I have alot of stuff going there too. That is why I wanted to see a pic. I have this one of the Motoblue which is a good place. Is the SLP in this exact same place?
BTW, I knew you PNP BIATCHES would show up !!

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yup, that's where mine is too.
I won't be back home until next week but if you still need a pic I can get it then.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
PLEASE tell me those aren't compression fittings.... Compression fittings on brake lines are NOT a good thing. If you install a solenoid there, make sure you double-flare the lines.

Seriously, check out the PMP setup. They use Jeg's solenoids, mounted in the wheelwells on each side, and the kit comes with braided flex lines to insert the solenoid in between the body-side hard line and the flex line heading to the caliper.

If that compression fitting fails, it will do so under panic-stop conditions, where line pressures can spike upwards of 1000PSI, and if (when) it fails, you will lose braking on the front two wheels, where 80% of the stopping is done. If you want to run a single solenoid, I would screw the brake line into a flare-to-AN adapter right at the ABS computer, hit the solenoid with an AN fitting or a short braided hose, and then bounce out of the solenoid with an AN line or fitting directly into the ABS box. That, or mount the solenoid right next to the master cylinder, and run it inline there. I would, however, avoid compression fittings like the plague.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's up bro!

What made you decide on the single solenoid over a dual set up? Just curious if you have some tech info you came across, or if it's the lack of failures reported from a single set up...

I'd like to get another set of line locks in the future.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
They are flare fittings.
No offense but.... I DON'T WANT THE PMP KIT!!

All good, man... I wasn't trying to pimp one kit over another, I was just a little freaked out looking at the pic, it looked like a typical compression fitting setup, that's all.

Be safe!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Hey bro. You ready to come over for an install? Big motor going in week after next.
I think this is a much cleaner install and there has never been a failure or a single adverse effect from a single solenoid. Just alot of skeptical blathering.
It is cost effective, super clean install and only one solenoid to deal with.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey bro. You ready to come over for an install? Big motor going in week after next.
I think this is a much cleaner install and there has never been a failure or a single adverse effect from a single solenoid. Just alot of skeptical blathering.
It is cost effective, super clean install and only one solenoid to deal with.

Is week after next a definite? If so, I'll try to schedule it in...

Hopefully you'll get your linelocks by then, and we can install them at the same time, so I can get a good look at how the single setup works.

I had originally decided on a dual set up, for no real reason, so it'll be good to get some first hand experience with a single.

Take it easy bro! Hope all's well with the family!

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
That's cool I understand and thank you for your safety concerns. It's just funny how the PMP kit owners like to whore up every line lock thread. Happened here too even though I tried to avoid it with my first post. Just funny shit right there LOL.
All good, man... I wasn't trying to pimp one kit over another, I was just a little freaked out looking at the pic, it looked like a typical compression fitting setup, that's all.

Be safe!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its a good kit...out of the way install....and very nicely put together.... that's why we like it.... :clap:

good luck with your install....

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's cool I understand and thank you for your safety concerns. It's just funny how the PMP kit owners like to whore up every line lock thread. Happened here too even though I tried to avoid it with my first post. Just funny shit right there LOL.

Are we being a little paranoid??? :poke:

LOL...J/K...Peace

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score

Hell, I don't even OWN line locks! I'm more of a road-course guy than straight-line... Like I said, I just saw what looked to me like compression fittings and freaked. I've seen way too many aftermarket parts with minimal or no engineering or regard for safety...

Take care, and good luck with the motor install!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back