Replaced VCT solenoid, now TCS light on

SOzzy

Reaction score
Picked up my 07 GT convertible from the alignment shop today ( after replacing pretty much the entire front suspension) and the CEL came on and felt like it had misfire. Drove to AutoZone and got the code read... Bank 2 VCT solenoid was bad. They had one in stock as well as cam cover gaskets so I picked them up and came home. After it cooled down I dove in and replaced it. Tried to replace it without pulling the cover first but couldn't get the screw. Long story short, I got it installed, valve cover back in place. Took it for a spin and seems to run stronger. May have "engaged" the TCS on my shakedown... Raining here so a little slick. When I got home the CEL was still on. Assuming the car needs to go through a few drive cycles to turn off by itself ( didn't feel like trekking into the back yard and getting my scanner out of the shop). So I turned off the car then started it again. This time the TCS light was on as well as the CEL. Thinking maybe I hit something while working under the hood. Any ideas where I should start? I'll check it again tomorrow and grab my scanner if still on still.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
When replacing them you have to be very careful with the plug. The end of the wires where they go in get damaged and sometimes need to be replaced.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I find it odd that you think the VCT has anything to do with the traction control. I would be looking at the front end work that was done and pay particular attention to the wheel sensors and reluctor rings to make sure they are properly aligned and hooked up.

SOzzy

Reaction score
I find it odd that you think the VCT has anything to do with the traction control. I would be looking at the front end work that was done and pay particular attention to the wheel sensors and reluctor rings to make sure they are properly aligned and hooked up.
I only drew the conclusion because the TCS light was not on after the front end work. I drove it all weekend before the alignment was done with no issues...
Drove it today after turning off the CEL and the TCS light was off all day. Weird. I'll post again if it acts out again.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I only drew the conclusion because the TCS light was not on after the front end work. I drove it all weekend before the alignment was done with no issues...
Drove it today after turning off the CEL and the TCS light was off all day. Weird. I'll post again if it acts out again.
The vehicle has EPAS. Depending on how the Alignment was done could have damaged the Steering Angle Sensor which can possibly cause an ABS or TCS light to turn on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back