Need your opinions.... I want a different color than the "norm"...

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I am wanting to paint my car something different.. Since the whole front end is being fixed, we are going to paint the entire car after the cage is done. So, what do you guys think of this color?

This is PPG Light Candy Rootbeer with a black/violet base...

Opinions?

Chris

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Candy root beer has always been one of my favorites but on a S197 I don't think it would work. IMO,that color is made for the old schools or Lowriders pre 88. How about that kandy tangelo? I've seen that tangelo on a 66 Mustang and it looked sick!

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Candy root beer has always been one of my favorites but on a S197 I don't think it would work. IMO,that color is made for the old schools or Lowriders pre 88. How about that kandy tangelo? I've seen that tangelo on a 66 Mustang and it looked sick!

That color was a little too bright for my taste. I did consider the "Brandywine Candy"...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2 colors I hate on cars personaly, red and brown. But its your car if you like it do it.

BEA5T.0

Reaction score
How about this color?

Attachments

• 2007_00065_01.jpeg
    2007_00065_01.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 42

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
That color was a little too bright for my taste. I did consider the "Brandywine Candy"...

Brandywine is another hood rich color. Belongs on a cadillac. I is a amazing looking color but on a Mustang.......meh.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I like it.

and this

01-energy-suspension-mustang-rtr.jpg

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like it as well.

Maybe a red base to make it a bit more orange just to keep people from making the brown and poo connection?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I like it. But do what you like, not what we all do/don't.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Not too crazy about that color on a newer car. If it was mine I'd paint it grabber green.

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
some color of Metallic with a flat clear. I saw a hunter green car with the matte finish clear coat, the silver flake in it popped hard in the sun and was subdued at night.
Mine is a sort of metallic charcoal grey with a flat clear, Ford Tuxedo black on the striping and blackout panel.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Well I think the car makes the color. Having been a fan of modified cars all my life... It is amazing how many times I would think there is no way I would want one color or another... Just to see that color on a car and go.. Huh... That is sick!

Personally... While a bitch to keep clean... One day I am going with Black Cherry Pearl or metalic...

LavaRedStang.jpg

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a photo that shows Lava Red pretty well, I think.

Kinda dull IMO... and if it's dirty, it looks like just another black Mustang. No offense meant to any LR owners.

132652d1308318527-has-anyone-oredered-seen-lava-red-exterior-nice-gt-lava-red-pic.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back