New drive shaft installed, 1st impressions...

rmays

forum member
Reaction score
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

WOW holy hell! Streets are wet and its cold but what an upgrade. Saved me a ton of weight, smoothed the car out a ton, knocked down the road noise and I feel quicker response. I haven't put alot of miles on it, 20 or so but those were some fun miles. Seeing as I've been Mustang starved as well...lol

I went with a local company shaftmasters that now has a 3.5" DIRECT BOLT on and per the company that installed it, was a very easy process.
I can't wait to hit the track now.:yeah:

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Congrats! Hell I couldnt tell I put one on!!!!

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
congrats on the improvement. i got the spydershaft about a year or so ago. while i could tell a slight increase in acceleration, it was by no means $550 worth of noticable gain.

rmays

forum member
Reaction score
congrats on the improvement. i got the spydershaft about a year or so ago. while i could tell a slight increase in acceleration, it was by no means $550 worth of noticable gain.

Thanks!

As for the weight its 18 pounds on the shop scale.

Lots of lil slight increases add up!

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Thanks!

As for the weight its 18 pounds on the shop scale.

Lots of lil slight increases add up!

while i most certainly do agree with that statement, it was a much better "adds up" when i slapped the procharger on there. :beerchug2:

09 Ricky

forum member
Reaction score
How does the end of the drive shaft look "stout" wise? I know alot of companys out there like spydershafts use a new pinion flange and was just wondering if the direct bolt on set up is just as strong? Shaft masters rates there shafts to 600 rwhp, and spydershafts rates theres to 500 rwhp......so is there a benifit of one or the other(other than ease of installation? Im as well looking to do this mod when I get my gear installed this spring. Also why has no one come out with this direct bolt on set up before? Sorry for so many ?'s :beerchug2:

rmays

forum member
Reaction score
Just an update! Had the shaft for about 7 months now, its still amazing. No shakes, road noise is way down and it is very smooth.

@ Ricky, wow sorry man. I check the tread a few times and missed your post. Shaftmasters site is updated and there are a ton more people that have these. If you want hit David up at Shaftmasters and he can help you out.

http://www.shaftmasters.com/

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Still shaftmasters, still assholes, still don't care. Kinda funny how many times they have quit making product for S197s yet they continue to sell product for S197s.

Ignatowski

forum member
Reaction score
I installed a shaftmasters direct bolt in driveshaft earlier this month and it's been great. Very easy to install.

Although, I get more road noise not like the OP.

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score
Still shaftmasters, still assholes, still don't care. Kinda funny how many times they have quit making product for S197s yet they continue to sell product for S197s.
They must have really pissed some people off around here...

Just installed a shaftmasters 3.5" direct bolt on and its a very nice unit. Car feels great and it has no vibrations.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Potential dumb question.....get flame ready....

Does this mod benefit cars with auto trans as well?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Potential dumb question.....get flame ready....

Does this mod benefit cars with auto trans as well?

NOPE, only manual cars. Manual cars can reduce their 1/4mi times by 1/2 second. Just kidding man, of course it will help autos. The exact same laws of physics apply to both types of cars.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I am looking at doing a driveshaft swap to my car and I was looking at the direct bolt in 3.5 in driveshaft from shaftmasters. I am glad to hear the awesome remarks about it and the one I'm looking at is rated at 750 rwhp. Anyways, I was mostly wondering about pinion angles on a lowered vehicle.

I lowered mine with H&R SS springs which took it down like 2 inches or a little more in the rear and i have been reading about ppl having problems with a bunch of rear end differential components such as the pinion angle, crush sleeves, how many ft/lbs of torque to tighten stuff. im just like holy shit i dont wanna run into any of that. Any suggestions?? Again this is supposed to be a direct bolt in and i have lowered my car quite a bit, just over 2 inches...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back