New guy in MD

Turtle

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm Mike. i signed up on here to do some research before I purchased, and I just brought my new (to me) car home yesterday. I'm new to this site, but not to Mustangs. I used to own a '65 coupe with a 289/4spd. I've also owned a '69 Charger with a 383, a '91 Camaro RS with a 350, and six different Jeeps.

Brought home my new baby yesterday . . . She's an '07 V6 5spd convertible, black on black on black. Pretty damned happy with it. I wanted a GT (of course) but the main reason for trading in my Jeep was to save money. With this car, my payments are going down $130 a month and I'll probably save another $50 (at least) in gas each month. So, my plan is to do some basic bolt-ons: true dual exhaust, intake, UDP, throttle-body, ECU flash, short-shifter, probably in that order. Once it's paid off in four years, I'll do the Shelby Terlingua package.

I got her for $14k, only 22k miles on the clock, the interior is perfect, the body only has one small scuff on the front bumper, which I plan to replace anyhow.

Sorry for the lame camera-phone pic, it was all I had and haven't had a chance to shoot any better pics.

Attachments

• stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm Mike. i signed up on here to do some research before I purchased, and I just brought my new (to me) car home yesterday. I'm new to this site, but not to Mustangs. I used to own a '65 coupe with a 289/4spd. I've also owned a '69 Charger with a 383, a '91 Camaro RS with a 350, and six different Jeeps.

Brought home my new baby yesterday . . . She's an '07 V6 5spd convertible, black on black on black. Pretty damned happy with it. I wanted a GT (of course) but the main reason for trading in my Jeep was to save money. With this car, my payments are going down $130 a month and I'll probably save another $50 (at least) in gas each month. So, my plan is to do some basic bolt-ons: true dual exhaust, intake, UDP, throttle-body, ECU flash, short-shifter, probably in that order. Once it's paid off in four years, I'll do the Shelby Terlingua package.

I got her for $14k, only 22k miles on the clock, the interior is perfect, the body only has one small scuff on the front bumper, which I plan to replace anyhow.

Sorry for the lame camera-phone pic, it was all I had and haven't had a chance to shoot any better pics.

Welcome!

oh, and on a side note, no throttle body for your car man.. save the cash for rear end gears. That'll be worth your money

Turtle

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, folks! I should be around for a while.

Alloy6, why do you say to skip the TB?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, folks! I should be around for a while.

Alloy6, why do you say to skip the TB?

I've never seen any type of real gains from it, and for the price, I wouldn't put it on my car at all when the stock one is fine for bolt-ons/nitrous until you move on to an X-charger/turbo/centri.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Still have the '69 Charger? That along with the 69 Challenger are 2 of my favorite cars other then mustangs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back