New LMR DF5 wheels.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
They look like vossens, str, and niche wheels except more like the vossen. Don't remember the model names for them all. I saw these during my search for new wheels. Surprised LMR hasn't at least showcased them on one of their shop cars yet.

Edit: just noticed they will clear my 15" brakes.....may be worth looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
They look like vossens, str, and niche wheels except more like the vossen. Don't remember the model names for them all. I saw these during my search for new wheels. Surprised LMR hasn't at least showcased them on one of their shop cars yet.

Agree, I like them in the gray.

garner

forum member
Reaction score

They have. They're on their '15

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Nice looking, larger rears are concave as well. Priced right too...

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...DF5Wheels_101314&utm_content=DF5Wheels_101314

Thoughts?

My thoughts are just like yours...good looking wheel and a nice price.

I am not sure if you have ever daily driven a Mustang with 20" wheels, but be warned that your ride will get significantly worse than with 18's (I have never ran 19's, so I can't say how 20's would compare).

I ran 20's on two different lowered Stangs (current car included), and on anything less than glass smooth pavement, the ride sucked. Not trying to steer you away, just letting you know before you go spend $800.

20's for show, 18's for go! :beer:

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
For the price of these things, if I was a person considering Vossen CV3s.....I would buy these and save for big and littles on the side. Best of both worlds.

With that said, since OP posted this....Ive been oggling these DF5s. I've been considering getting rid of my Black Steeda Spyders, and considering a concave design like Vossen CV3s, but the price is out the window for a humble guy like myself. But then I stumbles across the DF5 wheel from Latemodel Restoration. They look identical in every way and the only thing I can see that sets one apart from the other is the fact Vossens options for Mustangs in a 20'' is wider from most vendors as compared to the DF5, Vossen runs a very slightly aggressive offset as offered from most mustang part vendors and of course the different centercap.
Now my issue is, and I have googled several images without anything solid, is that Vossen calls their wheels matte Graphite and the CF5 is called matte Gunmetal. In pictures other than the one in the this post, they look identical and impossible for me to judge with photos of mustangs in different light.
For price and look and cheaper tire for 20'' (im not racing on a 20'') and cheaper for a set; the DF5 from Latermodel is tempting, especially when the weight is light for a 20" (28 lbs). DF5 for a set from LMR is $776 (a wheel: $230, I dont know why its so much cheaper for a set). Vossen in the closest setup is $2500 a set from American Muscle. I like to hear the opinion on this. Here is a picture show both side by side. DF5 on the left and CV3 on the right.

10351754_880337295312613_2719772775888266176_n.jpg

My rookie wheel math on the actual difference (dimensions and looks) between the CV3 and DF5 in summary is this:

The DF5 offset around 1-2mm less aggressive than the CV3.

The DF5 obvious doesnt have the backspacing of the CV3, but that does effect the outer face and fender view of cosmetics of the wheel. Only means you can't run as wide of a tire obviously.

The deep "barrel" is still deep on the DF5, but not quiet as deep as it on the CV3, but thats just from what I heard from the wheel guys on a different site.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score

I am not sure if you have ever daily driven a Mustang with 20" wheels, but be warned that your ride will get significantly worse than with 18's (I have never ran 19's, so I can't say how 20's would compare).

I ran 20's on two different lowered Stangs (current car included), and on anything less than glass smooth pavement, the ride sucked. Not trying to steer you away, just letting you know before you go spend $800.

My car is not my daily driver, just used on weekends. I have 19's on it now, it rides good for what it is. My previous Mustang had 20's, it really comes down to the tires. At first I had crappy Hankooks on them that came with the package, then I swapped to some Pirellis and it was like night and day. 19's are harder and more expensive to get tires for, that is why many go with 20's. They seem to have much more of a selection. I would never go any larger then that though.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
^1+. Ive looked at going 19'', but the cost difference in tires is horrible, not to mention the size selection sucks.

My 20' Steeda in Continental DWS ride just fine. I would be going with the same tire again for ride/performance/treadwear reasons.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
The MMD 551C from American muscle is similar too:

Just at a glance, Aggressive to weak offset for these 3: CV3 > DF5 > 551C.

20''

(20x10.5) CV3= Offset: +45mm Backspacing: 7.50''
(20x10) DF5= Offset: +40mm Backspacing: 7.07"
(20x10) 551C= Offset: +45mm Backspacing: 7.30"

Last edited:

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Something about the MMD's is "off" to me. I think the DF5's look better...

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score

I think this sums it up. Are there any similar 18' concave wheels?

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Something about the MMD's is "off" to me. I think the DF5's look better...

Oh I agree, but I'm thinking the spokes are a hair thinner and not as beveled/sharp as vossen and df5. But for the money the DF5 is still the cheapest. I just wish I could see the gunmetal in more pics and different angles and lighting. Kinda dumb to only have pictures on LMRs site which low resolution pic that are taken straight on for a wheel that it's selling feature will be it's concave design.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Anybody run the 20x10 DF5's or MMD's on the front over Brembos?

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody run the 20x10 DF5's or MMD's on the front over Brembos?

Pretty sure the 20x10 don't clear brembos. Similar concave and same offset as my downforce wheels. I've tried my rears on the front and the spokes interfere with the calipers

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back