New Metco control arm bracket

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
Just came back from Metco Motorsports. They've been fitting there new upper control arm bracket on our 2011. This still the prototype bracket so it's not powder coated yet. We did the adjustable upper, new bracket, lower control arms with ICB brackets, anf the driveshaft loop. I will have this out as a package in about 2 weeks. The car feels alot more solid and launches much better. I'll keep everybody up on when this package is available.:beer:

P9010056.jpg

P9010060.jpg

P9010059.jpg

P9010058.jpg

P9010055.jpg

P9010061.jpg

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Do we have to drop the gas tank to install the UCA like in the other 2005-2010 S197???? I keep looking at the pictures and looks like Ford changed the way the gas tank sits up in the car, looks like we have more room to do the UCA Swap.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Do we have to drop the gas tank to install the UCA like in the other 2005-2010 S197???? I keep looking at the pictures and looks like Ford changed the way the gas tank sits up in the car, looks like we have more room to do the UCA Swap.

A ton more room and no need to drop the gas tank at all. They did redesign the gas tank and the crossover part is much smaller.

Looks good Rick. I sent Aaron some pics of our manual car so he could work on the DS loop for it as well. They do good work for sure.

JJ

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score

Ya a ton more room. I can even get my big paws up in there.

Rick

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
The lower control arm relocation brackets change the angle the rear pushs on the body to give more bite.

I put the lowers and brackets on a few weeks back and can't wait for the new upper bracket.
Metco makes top notch parts!

Jay

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
So the arms from the previous years will wk but the arm mounts are different cause. Of the bolt hole in the chassis correct? A metco upper for a 2010 will wk right?

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
So the arms from the previous years will wk but the arm mounts are different cause. Of the bolt hole in the chassis correct? A metco upper for a 2010 will wk right?

Yes with this new bracket.

Rick

Freshmeat

forum member
Reaction score
Rick, I'm looking at upgrading my UCA and mounting bracket for my '11 GT- can you PM me a price and release date? I already have lowers.

Thanks!

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
Rick is in Vancover tuning right now but as soon as he is back in the shop we can get you some pricing sent out.. Im not sure what he is plannig yet

ibeheretoo

Reaction score
Thank you for the information and the comparison. I just wonder sometimes why Ford changes things they do.

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
Our bracket is thicker and wider then the stock one and won't work with the stock arm as per Ron at Metco. We tried some things with the arm bolt holes in the arm on our car.

Rick

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
You are correct Rick, the Metco arm (UCA) is the same, but the stock arm is longer in the 2011 to help with wheel hop, so Metco had to make a new bracket to work with the Metco UCA vs. retool an entire arm. So now a bracket change is all that's needed for those with the Metco UCA coming from a 2005-10 GT.

Got ours on yesterday, fits great doesn't it!?now we can get our pinion angle just right.

Jay

Rick@Amazon

Reaction score
That's right Jay it will give us a better range of pinion angle adjustment with the new bracket. That's pretty much why Ron did it that way and not kept it the same bolt pattern as the original bracket. With the uca mounting locations we can really get this car to bite. Did you use the IC barckets on your car? I think it really made a big difference in our car. I really didn't notice much front end dive on our car under hot stop.

Rick

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The lower control arm relocation brackets change the angle the rear pushs on the body to give more bite.

I put the lowers and brackets on a few weeks back and can't wait for the new upper bracket.
Metco makes top notch parts!

Jay

Metco parts are nice finished and for the most part use top notch materials, but I had a bad experience with LCAs.....the bushings were so stiff, that they transmitted NVH like if they were rod-end bushings....I mean all you had to do was roll the car and you could hear everything in the rear axle that makes any sort of noise being transmitted into the cabin. And I followed the installation instructions to a T, greasing before installation, putting th axle under load before torquing, and torquing to the specified ftlbs.

Richard at Strictly (where we installed them), didnt believe me until he drove it himslef, we loosened the bolts, re torqued them to a lower spec, and notheing helped because it was simply the too-hard bushings transmitting too much NVH to the body. I hope my case was isolated and everybody else has a better experience; I bought the expensive Metco's because I thought I was getting the best, but I'm going back to the CHE LCAs with their uniuqe bushing design.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back