new paint care

GT Power

Reaction score
just got the car out the paint shop about three weeks ago and it needs a bath. how can i clean it without adding swirls and scratches to the car!!! Also i have no good car wash supplies because i usually just run through entec car wash or use dish washing liquid and a face towel!!! What do i need to do and get!!! Thanks for any and all help:helpme:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Look up chemical guys.

Two bucket method, stay away from those car wash places.

+1. Two bucket method is a savior. Invest in a couple high quality large microfiber towels for drying. Purchase a microfiber wash mit or wash pad. Wash and dry in straight lines, dont use circular motions.

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
My body man always says not to wax new paint for 30 days so you might just want to wash and skip the wax

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
When I had mine done, they said ABSOLUTELY NO WAXING for the 1st 6 weeks, paint's got to breathe and all. Also, don't wash it with anything that contains wax or silicone.

For protecting it they told me to use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze

images

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
On YouTube check out
Junkman2000 for his 2 bucket wash
Ammo nyc
Autogeek also had a bunch of good how to videos

With new paint let it air out for a couple months. Just maintain the the paint with proper washing techniques and you will be fine.

Pick up 2 home depot 5 gallon buckets
A nice quality wash mitt preferably one dedicated for your car
Quality soap- over the counter griots isn't bad but duragloss is nice
Quality MF towels
Grit guards
This would be the bare minimum for a 2 bucket wash.

It usually takes me roughly 2 hours to wash my car from pulling everything out to just about putting everything away. I pressure wash the car, use a foam cannon, 2 bucket wash, blow dry, dry, QD and dress all the trim/tires.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The length of time you're supposed to wait depends on the type of paint used, the method used to put it on, and what type of wax you're applying to the car.

When my Mustang had it's door replaced, the body shop I went to told me I could immediately polish and wax the car, because the paint was cured in an oven. However, they said long-term sealants like 22PLE should be applied only after 30 days so that the paint could "breathe" or something.

My point is that I would call up the folks who painted your car and specifically ask them.

claudermilk

Reaction score
On YouTube check out
Junkman2000 for his 2 bucket wash
Ammo nyc
Autogeek also had a bunch of good how to videos

With new paint let it air out for a couple months. Just maintain the the paint with proper washing techniques and you will be fine.

Pick up 2 home depot 5 gallon buckets
A nice quality wash mitt preferably one dedicated for your car
Quality soap- over the counter griots isn't bad but duragloss is nice
Quality MF towels
Grit guards
This would be the bare minimum for a 2 bucket wash.

It usually takes me roughly 2 hours to wash my car from pulling everything out to just about putting everything away. I pressure wash the car, use a foam cannon, 2 bucket wash, blow dry, dry, QD and dress all the trim/tires.
Took the words out of my mouth, so I'll just quote. I found the junkman videos both informative and entertaining.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Took the words out of my mouth, so I'll just quote. I found the junkman videos both informative and entertaining.

Very informative and entertaining lol. He likes to talk along with Larry from AMMO he likes to talk also but they both have awesome videos. Larry are a little more serious and more advanced but still awesome stuff.

Mustangfan

forum member
Reaction score
You can wax it after a couple weeks, just no sealent or silicone products. Paint is still flashing and needs to breathe. 3m glaze or a natural wax is fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back