New Plan Idea

usafimj

Reaction score
I know I'm going to be flammed for having this thought but curious as to what other people would do if they were in my situation. So I have a Roush TVS waiting to be installed when I get back to the states in 6 months. I'm going to be stationed in Germany in Feb 2011 for atleast 3-4yrs. Now I know that lots of people have had success being FI and others not so much success. What I'm thinking about doing is maybe selling my Roush TVS and just adding heads/cams, udps, intake manifold. Then when I come back do the bottom end and FI. Yes I know the power won't be as much as it would be with the TVS but it'll be a bit more reliable so to say. The only thing thats stuck on my mind is what will I do if/when the motor decides to pop. Not many engine builders/tuners in Germany. Please discuss. Thanks

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just from personal experience with JDM, I do not believe you have a thing to worry about. Jim Sr knows his stuff, and there is no reason he can't make the thing safe. Hell, my mail order tune from them is flawless. If you have them install/tune in their shop, I seriously doubt you would ever have problems. Just my .02

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been twin-screwed here for 2 1/2 years and the only problems I have had had nothing to do with the blower...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
put the blower on and stop being a wuss.

if your fearful of the motor letting go have it tuned down some

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 4 years with the blower. You have to ask yourself how you normally drive the car. If you just use it for street duty and don't spend all your life at redline you'll be fine. If you plan on doing a lot of racing you might want to reconsider. I'm getting your stroker more for the extra cubes and insurance than being a requirement.

JDM will be writing a new tune for the stroker and 10 psi. I'll be in their neck of the woods next August after the Saleen Nationals and will put it on the rollers for a check. I'll let you know what the difference is between just the email tune and 'on the rollers'.

usafimj

Reaction score
I don't race it all the time but I do take it to the track 1-2 a month if possible. Also I did buy a custom pulley to reduce the boost down to 8psi.

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you blow the motor while overseas, I know for a fact Livernois will ship you a shortblock. I wouldn't be surprised if JDM would do it too.

Talk to Scrambler, he broke his block while stationed in USAFE and got another one while there.

usafimj

Reaction score
Scrambler and I are going to be stationed together for about a yr. Well if it blows I hope he's around so that he can help me...lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back