New Wheels

ZGrand

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit it. I'm a perfectionist. When I bought a 2006 5-speed GT late last year, it had been well taken care of except for a couple of things. The "parchment" colored convertible top needed replacement (which I did with a new black cloth top), and the 18" O.E. polished Bullitt wheels had some mild curb rash on two of the wheels and some minor scratches on the other two. The wheels looked great from about 5 feet away, but every time I cleaned them I saw the flaws. That's the kind of thing that drives me crazy.

So I found a set of new FRPP chrome Bullitt wheels on E-Bay for a decent price. They arrived yesterday and I had them installed today. The car had a brand new set of tires on it when I bought it, so I re-used them. (Goodyear Eagle RS-A's --- I know - not the best tires in the world but good enough for me.)

Here's a couple of pics. I know chrome wheels are considered "old school" -- but that's okay. So am I. :naughty1:

wOSqKqr.jpg

beZTFIe.jpg

Here's a question. Is there a market for the used 18" x 8.5" polished Bullitt wheels? I'd like to sell them -- they'd make a good upgrade for daily-driver V-6 for example, or as a second set of wheels for track tires etc. If so, would $200 for the set (plus shipping) be about right? [This is not a "for sale" ad -- I'm just asking for opinions. Thanks.]

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good. You can sell your old wheels for $200 locally I'm pretty sure. By the time you add in shipping, it would pretty well kill the deal I think.

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good I like the chrome wheels. I sold my polished wheels on C-list for 350 with worn out tires mounted.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great.....one of my favorite factory wheels for these cars.....

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
I would buy the polished wheels and pay shipping if they are in good condition. PM me please

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Wheels look great. I was told the wait was long for those when I ordered mine so I went with the basic wheel package until I found what I wanted. Can't beat the Windveil Blue color!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back