Should Nick Run his Car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From the mall about an hour...all highway...route 17 toward Elizabeth City, 4 lanes and should be zero traffic on a Sunday.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Like I said I didn't loose anything there. Not me, I'm not putting my car down that track. You have fun if you get yours back back in time. Have you ever run at that track and see how tight it is. Not scared at all, been to the track before in my cars,just not going to that one.

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
Hope Greg gets his stuff right would love to see him and Ray line up

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Doug we need to cool some beer down and get our chairs ready for the day. Yea that would be a good run. Gotta have a car that will hold up, so we will see.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep...run my car there 3 times...if there are cars running in the 5's and 6's that have no issues I don't understand why you keep saying it's narrow....now if your car isn't set up right with suspension/tires/psi there might be issues but as Ray pointed out that can happen anywhere.

Tony=500 hp
Jeremy 500+ hp
Greg=500 hp

None of us had any issues with traction/coming out of the groove and there were a lot of faster cars than us there that had no issues.

Best advice I was given was if you started a pass, got uncomfortable just take your foot off the gas and the car will correct, coast to the line and figure out what you did wrong.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope Greg gets his stuff right would love to see him and Ray line up

That would be good; tq wise we are even, hp wise I have the advantage but I may not have the room needed to spool the Vortech up...with his PD blower he is going to be tough off the line.

I need the 1/4 mile to get into my power band; the cams, ported heads and blower come alive at 3500-4K.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like I said I didn't loose anything there. Not me, I'm not putting my car down that track. You have fun if you get yours back back in time. Have you ever run at that track and see how tight it is. Not scared at all, been to the track before in my cars,just not going to that one.

Have you ever run any of your cars at Hertford?

If you won't run there what track will you run and when?

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I don't like 1/8 mile tracks and I don't run my car. Been to the track with all my cars in the past. Could care less about it, I have a different agenda. It just leads to more problems. I like driving all my cars and don't like the idea of them being in the shop or on stands all the. There is always something that keeps breaking or always screwing up when you go past that point. When is it enough. I see it all the time on here and with people I know. I'm happy just like it is and wish you good luck.

Last edited:

Vbshelbygt

Doug's Speed Shop
Reaction score
I just don't have the balls lol. Now Walter can race he is old school race guy

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back