NjsGT's build.... with pics!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Great work Mike. You're almost to the good part now. The part where you get to enjoy your hard work. Our setups are almost identical except for the cams. It will be interesting to see where you are in respect to PSI and HP. I think you'll make more HP than me and your boost will be higher.

P.S. I just noticed the serial number on your JDM shortblock....105. Mine is 107. That would of been a trip had mine been 106 or 104 haha.

Last edited:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Great work Mike. You're almost to the good part now. The part where you get to enjoy your hard work. Our setups are almost identical except for the cams. It will be interesting to see where you are in respect to PSI and HP. I think you'll make more HP than me and your boost will be higher.

P.S. I just noticed the serial number on your JDM shortblock....105. Mine is 107. That would of been a trip had mine been 106 or 104 haha.
Thanx Brian! And thanx for your help pointing me in the right direction getting that manifold on.... I actually bought steeda delete plates cause I thought it was end game for the frpp lol. Only time will tell with what the car makes :beer:
And that is wild that your motor was built 2 away from mine haha. When did you order yours? I order mine the first week of sept 10'.....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Sooooooo I finished the day off with adding a vented catch can to the passenger side valve cover and just vent the driver side.... Quick pic...
IMG_20110703_2029121.jpg

Im shot for the day, worked from 11am till now.....
Tomarrow I gotta change the belt, pulley, and maybe remove the front sway bar to get more piping clearance..... But before that I have to gas her up with 93 drive the shit out of the car... Im having a slight tune issue where Ill stall while coming up to a stop... I spoke to BBR's steve and he said thats my ecu re-learning the new BBR tune for the 60lb'ers and dual pumps..... Any of you guys here of something like this? I know our ecu's can adapt like that, Ive just never had a prob like this.... Oh its not vac related as ill pull a soild -22hg at idle and no CEL's are thrown...

Last edited:

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Thanx Brian! And thanx for your help pointing me in the right direction getting that manifold on.... I actually bought steeda delete plates cause I thought it was end game for the frpp lol. Only time will tell with what the car makes :beer:
And that is wild that your motor was built 2 away from mine haha. When did you order yours? I order mine the first week of sept 10'.....

I think I ordered it around the same time. I've been running it NA since around Feb., but I had it sitting in my house for several months before that. That's just wild.

Love the catch can breather. I have the same UPR can too lol. Where did you get that little valve to tap into the side of it ? The blow by is a little worse than I thought so I think I need to stick my catch can back in there.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
I think I ordered it around the same time. I've been running it NA since around Feb., but I had it sitting in my house for several months before that. That's just wild.

Love the catch can breather. I have the same UPR can too lol. Where did you get that little valve to tap into the side of it ? The blow by is a little worse than I thought so I think I need to stick my catch can back in there.
Just sent you a PM bud.....
That can just has 2 tapped 3/8 NPT holes on the top with 2, 3/8 NPTxbarbed 90* elbows. I just spun them to where the would work then stucj the 3/8 breather on top

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Haha, nice Irish. Amazing hows theres prob less then 200 JDM 302E's out there.....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Ok, so Ive completed my end of the work... That included

-FRPP manifold
-L&M 62mm TB
-60lb inject
-Dual pumps
-Lots of pipe fab'n
-pulley/belt change

Changed over to a 2.97" pulley and new gates belt. Also chaned out the bolt and keyway...
IMG_20110704_1834391.jpg

All washed up....
IMG_20110704_1942511.jpg

Leaving tomm morning for JDM :beer:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Remember guys, tomm is just alittle prep work to get it on the dyno..... Wednesday it will be turning the rollars :beer:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
CAr looks great, engine bay is so sexy! Looking fwd to seeing the media and the #'s from JDM, how do you sleep at night?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looking AWESOME man, cant wait to see the numbers....and by numbers i don't mean Dyno numbers. I mean Track Times!!!! lol

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Well Crap now I got all excited to see the numbers and I have to wait another day:rant: haha.
I may know the numbers by the end of today.... Hang in there!
CAr looks great, engine bay is so sexy! Looking fwd to seeing the media and the #'s from JDM, how do you sleep at night?
Thanx Moses, I hate to say but I may not be able to get down there to see it on the dyno and get vids..... Ill deff know numbers and have the sheet
looking AWESOME man, cant wait to see the numbers....and by numbers i don't mean Dyno numbers. I mean Track Times!!!! lol
Were gonna take care of that real soon Ron, no doubt ill need some advice launching this thing :beer:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i achieved 1.5x sixtys on the stick so ill do what i can to help

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back