NjsGT's build.... with pics!

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
So some of you know I have a motor swap coming up along with lots of other goodies in the furture as far as more boost, cams, and only god knows what else...... Also firgured id slow it all down and take pics as I go with the build. So why not start with afew pics of the new short block?

Heres the info on the block- http://www.teamjdm.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=553&cPath=35_83
I know I might get flamed for choosing this block by some of the more hardcore guys here but I felt for what it is, my situation, my location, and the price of the block, that it was a good deal for me and what I want out the car now and in the furture....
Here are a couple of pics....
61371_1383922728103_1533035023_30883989_2382543_n.jpg

59998_1383923088112_1533035023_30883991_5935940_n.jpg

Ill take some more once I get it out on a engine stand....
Also, some siemens 60lb injectors i pick up from alloy..... furture shit though :beer:
IMG_20100918_1525001.jpg

Like I said, ill keep this updated as I go..... Thanks for looking :beer:
Also, Mod's feel free to move this if you see it fit elsewhere....

Shades

Reaction score
Why would you get criticized for using that block?? Looks good to me :beer:

Looking forward to seeing the build..

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Why would you get criticized for using that block?? Looks good to me :beer:

Looking forward to seeing the build..
Well, some of the real serious racers dont like blocks from JDM, livernois, etc..... From what Ive seen.... I could be wrong though....

Shades

Reaction score
You putting the block in yourself? Plan on getting a billet oil pump?

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
YOU NEED to put the billet gears in it. NEED. Get one from Triangle Speed Shop, they sell the GT500 oil pump with billet gears already in it, there was a thread about it recently..
idk man..... heres booz's thread.... http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42842
post # 42...... he lost a motor cause the TSS gears were messed up brand new.... i might just leave my faith in ford....

Shades

Reaction score
idk man..... heres booz's thread.... http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42842
post # 42...... he lost a motor cause the TSS gears were messed up brand new.... i might just leave my faith in ford....

Yea I do see that and I am surprised because I usually don't hear bad things about TSS, even still though I feel like getting billet gears from anyone is a better option then running a stock Ford oil pump..I think stkjock's just failed from that recently no?

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Yea I do see that and I am surprised because I usually don't hear bad things about TSS, even still though I feel like getting billet gears from anyone is a better option then running a stock Ford oil pump..I think stkjock's just failed from that recently no?
yup, it did..... but his was seeing some major power...
anyone have any other thoughts? damn, now i dont know which to buy....

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
You just compared a break in motor with bad TSS gears vs a 900hp e85 car. I think a stock gt 500 pump with o ring is good for your goals. I still think the TSS gears are added security.

IMO it all comes down to how much power it takes to break anything. Seems are oil pumps just like to give up when pushed. That's the risk you take with big power.

Last edited:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
You just compared a break in motor with bad TSS gears vs a 900hp e85 car. I think a stock gt 500 pump with o ring is good for your goals. I still think the TSS gears are added security.
thanx stangcs

Shades

Reaction score

IMO it all comes down to how much power it takes to break anything. Seems are oil pumps just like to give up when pushed. That's the risk you take with big power.

I agree with you, as for the comparison there are tons of other people who have had oil pumps fail at a lower power level, just didn't feel like going to look for them, stkjock just came to mind.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
^whats up holy! thanx brotha

Build looks like it will be bad ass , I wanted to grab that UCA mount but after getting off the phone with tony after he installed his , I think I may stick with my upgraded washers that came with it .

Can't wait to see your project .

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your results!! And I will be picking your brain when its all done btw:thumb2:..I want to fortify my bottom end this winter..Who is doing your motor work?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back