NMRA 2010 Super Stang rules are out

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
FIXT!

Stock/low powered, heavy car w/ drag radials/ET Streets and an automatic dosent make for a good show, and impresses NO ONE!

Does everything HAVE to be about "the show"? The class was originally designed to attract guys who wanted a place to jump out of the grandstands and onto the track.

Matt,
As long as the class is run in an "Open Comp" format, automatics will dominate. It's about consistency, not ET, and the slower, automatic cars will typically be more consistent.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does everything HAVE to be about "the show"? The class was originally designed to attract guys who wanted a place to jump out of the grandstands and onto the track.

Matt,
As long as the class is run in an "Open Comp" format, automatics will dominate. It's about consistency, not ET, and the slower, automatic cars will typically be more consistent.

Im just saying we need more street cars to come out and have fun... Superstang isn't open comp... same concept... but we all forget this is a street class. Super stang is dominated by auto's which is key for consistancy. But having two stick cars race against each other in one round is 10 times more fun. What Chad is saying is it's boring to watch a class with every cat being an auto and quiet a few of them run 14's or slower.... no fun in racing 14-15 second auto cars. Id rather time trial.

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
13.00, stick cars....

DR's, and a few bolt on's, stock cars are there.

There are enough classes for heavy, slow, auto's in every tracks weekly bracket.

No point in growing sub classes of already made classes; ie polishing the turd.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Hopefully my 11 sec stick car will make at least a couple of events in 2010. I love banging gears.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You dumbasses think this is about "slow cars vs. fast cars"????? Seriously? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. Slow cars imress no one? Who the fuck said the idea was to impress anybody? Could have sworn the idea was to cut a light and run closer to your dial than the guy in the other lane. I guess we need those BCS Style Points added to Super Stang now. Matt thinks the 14 & 15 second cars are boring and doesn't want anyone spoiling his good time by having to wait on those boring, slow cars. He also wants MORE street cars in this street car class yet he doesn't want those boring, slow cars to bother him. Well which is it? Do you want more street cars or do you want to kill off the car count? The new World Champ drives his car every day and back & forth to the events from his home in Florida. Seems "street car" to me, kid. Then again....I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone's daddy has an enclosed trailer to haul their billy-badass 5-speed car to the track and back home. Seems Chad wants his own five- speed, limited bolt-on class so he doesn't have to deal with those slow cars and having to wait on the tree. Chad....go look up Factory Stock. Have at it, Bub.I seem to recall a few 14 & 15 second cars that racked up 5 wins, 2 runner-ups, and 2 semi-finals in Ultra Stang back in 2006. Those boring fuckers were quickly banned too. Can't imagine why. The last two SST titles have been won by V6 cars. Jim has stated years ago that "he'd rather go to the concession stand and eat a hot dog than watch a V6 run". So now your V6 has to get a power adder in order to compete. Better get a truck and trailer in case it breaks something (and it probably will). Oh...can't afford them? Too bad, sorry you can't add to the car count. So what happens when Chris buys a Stock V8 car and runs apeshit through the aeason again? A 12.99 minimum dial?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Nope...not done yet.I'm also perturbed that Matt thinks this is a "street car" class. Didn't you hear your buddy Stanford? This is an S197 class. Doesn't have anything to do with street cars since the CJ's were allowed. Which leads me to the next thing....these stupid-assed weight limits. The 3400 lb limit on power adder cars is there because "we don't want a purpose built, body in white car to come in and dominate the class." Quoted for truth. If that is the deal then explain to me what a Cobra Jet Mustang happens to be. Looks an awful lot like a purpose built (from the goddamn factory) body in white race car and yet.....it is allowed right in. My point? If you are going to allow the CJ cars in (and I really don't mind) then let's just shitcan the weight limits because that is a race car and this is an S197 class....not a street car class. Oh....wait. Silly me. The lightweight race cars would have an advantage over the heavy-assed street cars out of JDM, Brenspeed, VaginoHoe, and other shops. Guess we just needed to kiss up to FRPP so the CJ cars were allowed and will remain an anomoly in the class. The hypocrisy just continues to amaze me. First year, Sutton High Performance uses their SCT as a two step and their told that is illegal. Second year, Matt uses the same thing and it is just fine. Guess those Sutton guys needed a former Pro 5.0 champ in the family, eh?So are twin turbos still legal or should I just put the car back stock and dial it in at 14.45?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
You dumbasses think this is about "slow cars vs. fast cars"????? Seriously? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. Slow cars imress no one? Who the fuck said the idea was to impress anybody? Could have sworn the idea was to cut a light and run closer to your dial than the guy in the other lane. I guess we need those BCS Style Points added to Super Stang now. Matt thinks the 14 & 15 second cars are boring and doesn't want anyone spoiling his good time by having to wait on those boring, slow cars. He also wants MORE street cars in this street car class yet he doesn't want those boring, slow cars to bother him. Well which is it? Do you want more street cars or do you want to kill off the car count? The new World Champ drives his car every day and back & forth to the events from his home in Florida. Seems "street car" to me, kid. Then again....I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone's daddy has an enclosed trailer to haul their billy-badass 5-speed car to the track and back home. Seems Chad wants his own five- speed, limited bolt-on class so he doesn't have to deal with those slow cars and having to wait on the tree. Chad....go look up Factory Stock. Have at it, Bub.I seem to recall a few 14 & 15 second cars that racked up 5 wins, 2 runner-ups, and 2 semi-finals in Ultra Stang back in 2006. Those boring fuckers were quickly banned too. Can't imagine why. The last two SST titles have been won by V6 cars. Jim has stated years ago that "he'd rather go to the concession stand and eat a hot dog than watch a V6 run". So now your V6 has to get a power adder in order to compete. Better get a truck and trailer in case it breaks something (and it probably will). Oh...can't afford them? Too bad, sorry you can't add to the car count. So what happens when Chris buys a Stock V8 car and runs apeshit through the aeason again? A 12.99 minimum dial?

Nope...not done yet.I'm also perturbed that Matt thinks this is a "street car" class. Didn't you hear your buddy Stanford? This is an S197 class. Doesn't have anything to do with street cars since the CJ's were allowed. Which leads me to the next thing....these stupid-assed weight limits. The 3400 lb limit on power adder cars is there because "we don't want a purpose built, body in white car to come in and dominate the class." Quoted for truth. If that is the deal then explain to me what a Cobra Jet Mustang happens to be. Looks an awful lot like a purpose built (from the goddamn factory) body in white race car and yet.....it is allowed right in. My point? If you are going to allow the CJ cars in (and I really don't mind) then let's just shitcan the weight limits because that is a race car and this is an S197 class....not a street car class. Oh....wait. Silly me. The lightweight race cars would have an advantage over the heavy-assed street cars out of JDM, Brenspeed, VaginoHoe, and other shops. Guess we just needed to kiss up to FRPP so the CJ cars were allowed and will remain an anomoly in the class. The hypocrisy just continues to amaze me. First year, Sutton High Performance uses their SCT as a two step and their told that is illegal. Second year, Matt uses the same thing and it is just fine. Guess those Sutton guys needed a former Pro 5.0 champ in the family, eh?So are twin turbos still legal or should I just put the car back stock and dial it in at 14.45?
Could you please elaborate? I'm not sure where you stand.

:roflmao:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im not comenting on any thing but the part about me. I had my limiter at the stock limit! 6200 rpms so it didnt matter. Not 6300 not 6500 just the stock limit of 6200. Get off my ass Sd. I wanted to take my own smaller trailer he made the offer to drive his own shit because the hotels bills are more money then just taking the big trailer. You just hate the god dam world and your posts never disapoint me

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Im not comenting on any thing but the part about me. I had my limiter at the stock limit! 6200 rpms so it didnt matter. Not 6300 not 6500 just the stock limit of 6200. Get off my ass Sd. I wanted to take my own smaller trailer he made the offer to drive his own shit because the hotels bills are more money then just taking the big trailer. You just hate the god dam world and your posts never disapoint me

I don't give a shit if you had it set at 8800 rpm. That's not the point. Sutton used it and it was illegal. You used it and it was legal. THAT is the point. But gee whiz, Beav....if it's a street car then why not just drive the car to the races? I'm not singling you out per se, Matt. I pointed out some inconsistencies in rules applications. I will pick on you about your slow car comments. Some people don't have the advantages you have. They have to "run what they brung" and sometimes that is a stock car. While that may not be exciting enough for you nor would it be an exciting show for Chad that person may show up and have a fuckin' blast with his/her stock car. Hell....might even go rounds. Gods forbid they make the final against one of the vaunted 10 second killers and get a win light. Shit....that might kill the class!!!! Maybe bring about the destruction of the NMRA and drag racing as we know it!!!!!! Save us all from the vile, despicable stock car!!!!!!!Bottom line....there are those of us who know how to win in these types of classes with any fuckin car. Then there are those of you who think you need to prove something.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow guees you could say Mr. Wheeler has a strong view on this topic.

Back