NMRA 2010 Super Stang rules are out

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't give a shit if you had it set at 8800 rpm. That's not the point. Sutton used it and it was illegal. You used it and it was legal. THAT is the point. But gee whiz, Beav....if it's a street car then why not just drive the car to the races? I'm not singling you out per se, Matt. I pointed out some inconsistencies in rules applications. I will pick on you about your slow car comments. Some people don't have the advantages you have. They have to "run what they brung" and sometimes that is a stock car. While that may not be exciting enough for you nor would it be an exciting show for Chad that person may show up and have a fuckin' blast with his/her stock car. Hell....might even go rounds. Gods forbid they make the final against one of the vaunted 10 second killers and get a win light. Shit....that might kill the class!!!! Maybe bring about the destruction of the NMRA and drag racing as we know it!!!!!! Save us all from the vile, despicable stock car!!!!!!!Bottom line....there are those of us who know how to win in these types of classes with any fuckin car. Then there are those of you who think you need to prove something.

Your right on the slow car comment It was ignorant for me to say and thinking about it now you are right on that. Can't really hate on someone coming out to play in the stock or stockish car. They support the class and pay the entry fee like everyone else. Unfortently toronto is pretty far from most NMRA Races to drive on my et streets 5-10 hours away. I drive my car on the bogarts. I think 14.50 and quicker is perfect, It wont take much for the v6 guys to get to 14.50 with bolt ons

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interesting topic if we could get away from the personal comments.

Anyhow, I'll start another topic in another thread, but drag racing classes for manual trannies is something I've always been interested in pursuing...

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You dumbasses think this is about "slow cars vs. fast cars"????? Seriously? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. Slow cars imress no one? Who the fuck said the idea was to impress anybody? Could have sworn the idea was to cut a light and run closer to your dial than the guy in the other lane. I guess we need those BCS Style Points added to Super Stang now. Matt thinks the 14 & 15 second cars are boring and doesn't want anyone spoiling his good time by having to wait on those boring, slow cars. He also wants MORE street cars in this street car class yet he doesn't want those boring, slow cars to bother him. Well which is it? Do you want more street cars or do you want to kill off the car count? The new World Champ drives his car every day and back & forth to the events from his home in Florida. Seems "street car" to me, kid. Then again....I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone's daddy has an enclosed trailer to haul their billy-badass 5-speed car to the track and back home. Seems Chad wants his own five- speed, limited bolt-on class so he doesn't have to deal with those slow cars and having to wait on the tree. Chad....go look up Factory Stock. Have at it, Bub.I seem to recall a few 14 & 15 second cars that racked up 5 wins, 2 runner-ups, and 2 semi-finals in Ultra Stang back in 2006. Those boring fuckers were quickly banned too. Can't imagine why. The last two SST titles have been won by V6 cars. Jim has stated years ago that "he'd rather go to the concession stand and eat a hot dog than watch a V6 run". So now your V6 has to get a power adder in order to compete. Better get a truck and trailer in case it breaks something (and it probably will). Oh...can't afford them? Too bad, sorry you can't add to the car count. So what happens when Chris buys a Stock V8 car and runs apeshit through the aeason again? A 12.99 minimum dial?[/QUOTE]

12.99 dial in would be great. ALOT of street cars are MUCH faster.

I agree with you on the cutting a good light, but if I have 2 or even 5 times the time on the big end to slow/speed up, does NOT make for a fair race.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
If you really believe that Chad then you honestly have ZERO experience in this type of racing.And if the point is to grow the class why would you want a 12.99 minimum? You would eliminate damn near every stock or mild bolt-on car in the country. While you think it is a great idea think about this.......How many events do you personally plan to attend? Two? Three? You would like an even quicker minimum which would kill off cars that are capable of being driven to/from EVERY event on the schedule. Matt....you mention V6 cars with bolt-ons. Keep in mind they have to run that even in the dead of summer. Charlotte was 105 degrees. Chris already has shorty headers, cold air kit, full exhaust, and a custom tune. Not quite as easy as you might think.Just keep in mind....most of you don't know the whole story.

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
While I don't agree with the rule change, (seems Chris and other slow s197s are being singled out). I also thought this class was to showcase s197 cars, get more people into racing, be it a v6, v8, stick, auto, female, male, black, white etc. There are other classes in NMRA other then SST, if this class doesn't fitting a racers likings. Anyhow, looks like Chris may be driving one of JDMs 10 second cars next year. Hell I'll show up to every race next year just to see that.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
honestly doesn't matter who's in the other lane, if you race YOUR race.

It would be awesome though to see some sort of Stick Only class in general.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
You dumbasses think this is about "slow cars vs. fast cars"????? Seriously? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. Slow cars imress no one? Who the fuck said the idea was to impress anybody? Could have sworn the idea was to cut a light and run closer to your dial than the guy in the other lane. I guess we need those BCS Style Points added to Super Stang now. Matt thinks the 14 & 15 second cars are boring and doesn't want anyone spoiling his good time by having to wait on those boring, slow cars. He also wants MORE street cars in this street car class yet he doesn't want those boring, slow cars to bother him. Well which is it? Do you want more street cars or do you want to kill off the car count? The new World Champ drives his car every day and back & forth to the events from his home in Florida. Seems "street car" to me, kid. Then again....I wouldn't expect you to understand. Not everyone's daddy has an enclosed trailer to haul their billy-badass 5-speed car to the track and back home. Seems Chad wants his own five- speed, limited bolt-on class so he doesn't have to deal with those slow cars and having to wait on the tree. Chad....go look up Factory Stock. Have at it, Bub.I seem to recall a few 14 & 15 second cars that racked up 5 wins, 2 runner-ups, and 2 semi-finals in Ultra Stang back in 2006. Those boring fuckers were quickly banned too. Can't imagine why. The last two SST titles have been won by V6 cars. Jim has stated years ago that "he'd rather go to the concession stand and eat a hot dog than watch a V6 run". So now your V6 has to get a power adder in order to compete. Better get a truck and trailer in case it breaks something (and it probably will). Oh...can't afford them? Too bad, sorry you can't add to the car count. So what happens when Chris buys a Stock V8 car and runs apeshit through the aeason again? A 12.99 minimum dial?[/QUOTE]

12.99 dial in would be great. ALOT of street cars are MUCH faster.

I agree with you on the cutting a good light, but if I have 2 or even 5 times the time on the big end to slow/speed up, does NOT make for a fair race.

That only happens of you're sand bagging. A good racer will beat a sand bagger every time. In bracket racing it is usually (I strees USUALLY) preferred to be the faster car. The faster car has many advantages over a slower car. At the line, the faster car will launch last, therefore he already knows if his competition has redlit and maybe even know if they cut a decent light. Going down the track, it is usually easier to tell if you are going to catch the car before the finish or not, the driver of the slower car has to either look in his mirror or over their shoulder. There are some people who prefer to bracket race a slow car but most experienced racers do not.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
honestly doesn't matter who's in the other lane, if you race YOUR race.

It would be awesome though to see some sort of Stick Only class in general.

You mean like these guys? http://umtrdragrace.com/I've wathced these guys race, and even raced with them for a few years. They are a blast to watch. Now that I am running a TH350, I won't be able to run with them. That was one negative aspect of converting.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
I like racing people who think like this. :evil:

id rather do what i do than freak out OMG His DIAL IS SO SLOW.. OMG HIS DIAL IS SO FAST. and pretty much you lost before the race even started. But thats cool US1 you hate life and everyone on here. But its all good, Im happy and I have fun.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Your the second person who says I hate life and people on here. You are both very wrong. I love my life. I do hate "people" though.

:roflmao:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your the second person who says I hate life and people on here. You are both very wrong. I love my life. I do hate "people" though.

:roflmao:
I could change all that..............................

Florida here I come!!! I don't care if I win or not, it will still be fun and I'll get to hang out with all of you nit-witts!!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But you have one of those "boyfriend" thingies. eeeeewwwwwww
Wait, not once did I mention anything that refers to "sex" or of the like..........get your head out of the gutter silly.

Are you planning on heading to FL, SD?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back