NMRA 2010 Super Stang rules are out

kdesigns

forum member
Reaction score
Which car did you run last year?

I don't race. I don't own a Mustang, never have. Everyone (OK, most everyone) knows that. But that doesn't mean I can't understand the obvious.

...and I was just waiting to see who would be the first to bring that up. Congrats, you win.

91trunk-edtootall

Slush box killer
Reaction score
I don't race. I don't own a Mustang, never have. Everyone (OK, most everyone) knows that. But that doesn't mean I can't understand the obvious.

...and I was just waiting to see who would be the first to bring that up. Congrats, you win.

I figured as much, you just :dead2:from SD's nuts. Not much swinging this year though.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you mean out first round? I made it to the semis last time I was at a super stang race.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
If this So true, why so much whinning about quicker et qualifying.... for us novices.

Bullshit... it is much easier to bracket race a slower car. period.

I hate to agree, but I agree. That's not at all to take away from the Fact that Parisi is one good fucking racer, but when you have fifteen seconds compared to eleven seconds to get from point A to point B, that extra time can make a world of difference. However, it shouldn't affect a class, I hope all this BS by the rules changing doesn't affect next years series. It was fun going to watch Super Stang at HRP, and I can only hope that next year just draws a bigger crowd. 16 cars was a lot from what I heard for an exhibition, but I'm sure we'd all like to see more, but in the end, a better racer is a better racer, even if they red light sometimes. lol.

What do you mean out first round? I made it to the semis last time I was at a super stang race.

Well not all of us are blessed enough to be that good a racer Matt. lol. I gotta say you're stupid consistent with that car, congrats on showing the SS class that stick cars have a fighting chance!!

Big beer for this bad ass mustang class. :bigbeer:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate to agree, but I agree. That's not at all to take away from the Fact that Parisi is one good fucking racer, but when you have fifteen seconds compared to eleven seconds to get from point A to point B, that extra time can make a world of difference. However, it shouldn't affect a class, I hope all this BS by the rules changing doesn't affect next years series. It was fun going to watch Super Stang at HRP, and I can only hope that next year just draws a bigger crowd. 16 cars was a lot from what I heard for an exhibition, but I'm sure we'd all like to see more, but in the end, a better racer is a better racer, even if they red light sometimes. lol.

I agree, Chris is one good fn racer. He's just taken advantage of 'loose' rules... nbd... BUT, complaining when the governing body trying to build the class, 'trims the fat' of the rules..... Why not SUPPORT what he, as well as all of us know, to be a positive direction?

THAT is what sux alloud!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Bullshit... it is much easier to bracket race a slower car. period.
I hate to agree, but I agree.
I hate to disagree, but I disagree. I have been in my share of brackets over the years, and I definitely prefer to leave second and run down a slower car. I can see the "prey" much easier, and once I get a bumper out in front, it's a lot easier to just barely keep it there, knowing he can't get past me unless I fuck up.

The only downsides I can see to leaving second is making sure I cut a good light (and stay green of course). It's much easier to do that on a 3-amber full tree than it is on a pro tree. And in many cases, a "slow" car can be more consistent... but the driver still has to nail the tree for that to matter.

Other than that... I'd still prefer to have the faster car any time.

Besides, its just more fun to go fast! :clap:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Matt...I don't think you're a punk. Far from it. Ifirmly believe that you and other children of the pioneers of Ford-only drag racing are the future of this sport. The problem I had was the callous way you threw out the "slow cars are bullshit" comments (that you later addressed, thank you). I will even admit that some of my comments expressed in this thread were the byproduct of my being pissed off about this rule change. Parisi is a personal friend of mine and I too have had a rule written in trying to eliminate the manner in which I chose to compete. Yeah, it pissed me off. Matt...if my comments were taken by you or your Dad as derogatory then I apologize. I've always held him in high esteem and ranked him as one of the best ever in Pro 5.0 competition.As for Stanford....whatever. Hope you get your 2 step. The only thing better than seeing my win lights against you will be watching the frustration pile on you with each loss. Chad....if you had any clue as to what you were talking about I might actually bother giving you the real truth behind racing a slow car vs. racing a quick car. Since you instead choose to blather on and on about this crap on two different boards then I'll let you continue to believe you know what you're talking about. Again....Factory Stock. Check it out. Keplinger....Team Performance is back next year so the truck and trailer are mine (yes, Stanford, they GAVE it to me again) so what do you think? 9.80's or 14.45??? :evil:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jim brought up a good point on the nmra boards. A stock V6 is capable of running 14s and Jim said hes ran that before, Yet chris runs mid to low 15s with bolt ons on purpose ? Chris is a good racer for sure and I raced against the other black v6 in eliminations and he was sand bagging hard top end and I blew past him... I dont mind racing 14 second cars... hell I got a .021 light against a 15 second v6 but it does screw with you when your waiting there for this pro tree to drop. At the end of the day you have to adapt to what rules are thrown in front of you and im down for what ever

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
:buttkick:
I hate to disagree, but I disagree. I have been in my share of brackets over the years, and I definitely prefer to leave second and run down a slower car. I can see the "prey" much easier, and once I get a bumper out in front, it's a lot easier to just barely keep it there, knowing he can't get past me unless I fuck up.

The only downsides I can see to leaving second is making sure I cut a good light (and stay green of course). It's much easier to do that on a 3-amber full tree than it is on a pro tree. And in many cases, a "slow" car can be more consistent... but the driver still has to nail the tree for that to matter.

Other than that... I'd still prefer to have the faster car any time.

Besides, its just more fun to go fast! :clap:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the one race you'll win on and off the track. lol.

Me ---> :buttkick: <---- You

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Jim brought up a good point on the nmra boards. A stock V6 is capable of running 14s and Jim said hes ran that before, Yet chris runs mid to low 15s with bolt ons on purpose ? Chris is a good racer for sure and I raced against the other black v6 in eliminations and he was sand bagging hard top end and I blew past him... I dont mind racing 14 second cars... hell I got a .021 light against a 15 second v6 but it does screw with you when your waiting there for this pro tree to drop. At the end of the day you have to adapt to what rules are thrown in front of you and im down for what ever

Simple....it eliminates inconsistency when you slow them down. I did it with my '98 GT. Deliberately backed it down from 14.40 to 15.00 so I always got to leave first. The downside is learning to judge the closure rate on cars that had 40 mph over what you were running. If any of you think that is easy or the extra time made it easier then I challenge you to go try it. Hell....I dare you to try it. For that matter.....some of you will get your chance in Florida. Stanford's car is a 135 mph player, all the JDM cars are 137-140, Matters makes it sound like he's going to be over 140, DynoJoe is 135-ish, and I should be high 137-140 mph too. Let's see what you guys think afterwards.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run in the PSCA / Ford Racing Mustang Madness class and last time there were 29 cars in the field. It sounds like its exactly the same thing, pro tree, bracket race, but in our class your dial in is 1/10th lower then your quickest pass the previous day. Most people just add weight or sandbag so they don't just give up a 1/10th the next day.

Does the NMRA SS rules call for that, or can you change your dial in like typical bracket racing?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Simple....it eliminates inconsistency when you slow them down. I did it with my '98 GT. Deliberately backed it down from 14.40 to 15.00 so I always got to leave first. The downside is learning to judge the closure rate on cars that had 40 mph over what you were running. If any of you think that is easy or the extra time made it easier then I challenge you to go try it. Hell....I dare you to try it. For that matter.....some of you will get your chance in Florida. Stanford's car is a 135 mph player, all the JDM cars are 137-140, Matters makes it sound like he's going to be over 140, DynoJoe is 135-ish, and I should be high 137-140 mph too. Let's see what you guys think afterwards.

In any of you were chasing me down, this is about the equivalent of what I'd see in the rear view mirror.

Holyshit.jpg

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I run in the PSCA / Ford Racing Mustang Madness class and last time there were 29 cars in the field. It sounds like its exactly the same thing, pro tree, bracket race, but in our class your dial in is 1/10th lower then your quickest pass the previous day. Most people just add weight or sandbag so they don't just give up a 1/10th the next day.

Does the NMRA SS rules call for that, or can you change your dial in like typical bracket racing?

Unfortunately Super Stang is not set up like that. You put your own number on the window for the first round and that is what you are stuck with all day. FFW Ultra Stang had the 1/10th rule and it was a great challenge. Jim hated it so I knew it would not happen in SST at the NMRA.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate that type of class. Just let me write a fucking number on my window, please!

Well, technically you still do write the fucking number on the window......but they tell you the number to write :chairfall:

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
In bracket racing I prefer to leave first. When I have the faster car (the bigger the gap the worse it is! lol) it SUCKS waiting at the line. I am more likely to red light (even on a pro tree!) if I leave second. This is a bracket division, if you're not OK with it go to a heads up class. Never got to run Super Stang yet. It would be cool to have your first round with cars that have a similar ET.

I look forward to making events this year. In the UMTR here at home there was a Neon that kicked everyone arse for a couple of seasons. Knew his car well and dialed in a tenth slower than his potential, gave him cushion. If you didnt like it you had to find a way to beat him.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
In bracket racing I prefer to leave first. When I have the faster car (the bigger the gap the worse it is! lol) it SUCKS waiting at the line. I am more likely to red light (even on a pro tree!) if I leave second. This is a bracket division, if you're not OK with it go to a heads up class. Never got to run Super Stang yet. It would be cool to have your first round with cars that have a similar ET.

I look forward to making events this year. In the UMTR here at home there was a Neon that kicked everyone arse for a couple of seasons. Knew his car well and dialed in a tenth slower than his potential, gave him cushion. If you didnt like it you had to find a way to beat him.

Green Neon, black hood, I know it well. He did kick everyone's ass. It wasn't because of a slow car, it was because he was a good racer. I think he'd kick everyone's ass in a 10 second car. Have you raced in UMTR at Quaker City?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back