No more piston cooling jets

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Since those figures are based upon using premium fuel, their 'tweaking' was...miniscule. I know that I don't have to due anything to my '11 to put out more than those 'official' figures. The stock figures on my '11 using a load bearing dyno, when all things are said and done, equate to +or- 406BHP using 87 octane. I have never dynoed stock on premium but, I'm willing to bet it would reach at least 420. As it stands now, with a 91 octane performance tune, it puts out 440+BHP. That being said and with what the article was saying about manufacturers farting around with the numbers, I'm sure the 420 estimate is low balled.

Last edited:

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for that!:shock: But, for 25 large, I'll keep my weenie and enemic Coyote. :chairfall:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The new '13's run 5W-50!!!

KGrHqZHJEIE88cr5F8BPPjKF1mg_4.jpg

Hmmmmm..........either CURES or MASKS the oil burning of the pre-13's!!!

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
5-20 is used for CAFE regs....they will never be able to convince me otherwise. Also to go along with this assumption, yet totally unrelated, I recently bought my wife a new 2012 hynduai sonata 2.0 turbo limited. I just did the first oil change and in the manual it says they rec using for proper lubrication a synthetic 5-30, although they note underneath that if you want a little better mpg to use the 5-20. So they are basically saying we want u to use 5-30 but 5-20 will do if your willing to not properly lube the engine in return for better mpg. Basically what ford and every other CAFE inspired oil required car does lol.

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
5-20 is used for CAFE regs....they will never be able to convince me otherwise. Also to go along with this assumption, yet totally unrelated, I recently bought my wife a new 2012 hynduai sonata 2.0 turbo limited. I just did the first oil change and in the manual it says they rec using for proper lubrication a synthetic 5-30, although they note underneath that if you want a little better mpg to use the 5-20. So they are basically saying we want u to use 5-30 but 5-20 will do if your willing to not properly lube the engine in return for better mpg. Basically what ford and every other CAFE inspired oil required car does lol.

Makes scense. Even my neighbors 2011 V6 camaro says on the oil cap, "use 5w30".

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
A guy on another site says the 13 manual still say's to use 5w20.
Looks like some one may be pulling a fast one...

Last edited:
Back