Novi 2200SL Centrifugal Supercharger expectations?

Skips

Reaction score
Hey folks I am Having a Paxton Novi 2200SL installed in my 06 this week. Just curious as to what the real difference will be. Will the Difference be night and day? very noticeable? or only slightly noticeable? Car is completely stock and manual. Don't want to have unrealistic expectations. Thanks in advance.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Hey folks I am Having a Paxton Novi 2200SL installed in my 06 this week. Just curious as to what the real difference will be. Will the Difference be night and day? very noticeable? or only slightly noticeable? Car is completely stock and manual. Don't want to have unrealistic expectations. Thanks in advance.

Night and day:

Traction and cooling mods are in your future.

Definitely! I'd also do billet oil pump gears. They'd be a $400 insurance policy against a potentially catastrophic and expensive engine failure.

Just don't expect the "whine" of a roots. Centrifugals are much more forgiving on stock internals too.

The stock connecting rods will be fine as long as you stick to no more than 450rwtq and 6500rpm with a good tune that'll prevent detonation.
Centrifugals are actually more forgiving on the drivetrain since torque increases progressively with rpm rather than coming on in one big hit.

AHaze

Reaction score
From my experience with a HO Vortech Si trim kit on my '05 for the last two years (smaller blower but both limited by the stock rods):
Below 3000 RPM: not much difference
3000-4500 RPM: noticibly more power
4500 RPM and up: Holy shit, this can't still be a 4.6!
Basically, be prepared to do a lot of downshifting. Some see this as a bad thing but I love engines that reward playing in the top half of the tachometer.
I set my rev limiter at 6400 RPM and wind it up there every time I drive the car. I haven't made any cooling or oil pump upgrades and haven't had an issue. Those might be a good idea if you want to run road course laps though.

Reaction score
Dude I'm having mine done too. I'm excited about it and it took forever. I have owned mine since 2004. It was one of the firsts-197s. Also, I have full bolt-ons with a Brenspeed tune.

Skips

Reaction score
If
Dude I'm having mine done too. I'm excited about it and it took forever. I have owned mine since 2004. It was one of the firsts-197s. Also, I have full bolt-ons with a Brenspeed tune.
You get it dynoed let me know. I have a lito tune and it feels strong, but I have not dynoed it

Personally, I don't like the whine. Dude, have you gotten your numbers yet? And do you have modifications?
The car is stock. I am not getting it dynoed. My local mustang tuning performance shop was 3 weeks out and 1000 dollars for a Dyno tune. I went with a Lito tune. The shop I did use recommended him just like so many on this forum. I drove the car yesterday in horrific Temps (94F.and70% humidity) and humidity, and it still spun through first and a good chunk of second. Can't wait for cool air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
If

You get it dynoed let me know. I have a lito tune and it feels strong, but I have not dynoed it

The car is stock. I am not getting it dynoed. My local mustang tuning performance shop was 3 weeks out and 1000 dollars for a Dyno tune. I went with a Lito tune. The shop I did use recommended him just like so many on this forum. I drove the car yesterday in horrific Temps (94F.and70% humidity) and humidity, and it still spun through first and a good chunk of second. Can't wait for cool air.
Congratulations my friend. I'm still waiting for my car. Be careful in your Hot Rod.

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 going on 3 paxton's. My 2 cents.

The sooner you go to BOV the better, if you pulley down, consider going to a a OD lower first for more belt wrap, and less slip. Don't over spin the blower on back to back runs. Be absolutely on top of making sure the blower is up to temp before getting on it. Make sure you allow cool down at 40 50 mph in a gear that lets you spin the blower without producing boost. This slows down the heat soak and gets IAt's down faster.
Have fun

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had 2 going on 3 paxton's. My 2 cents.

The sooner you go to BOV the better, if you pulley down, consider going to a a OD lower first for more belt wrap, and less slip. Don't over spin the blower on back to back runs. Be absolutely on top of making sure the blower is up to temp before getting on it. Make sure you allow cool down at 40 50 mph in a gear that lets you spin the blower without producing boost. This slows down the heat soak and gets IAt's down faster.
Have fun

All good info. Im running the 15% OD lower and a 3.25 upper. Just starting to slip... 8 rib this winter...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back