Now that I've acheived my 11 second goal??what to do??

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
the fastest n/a stock LB auto w/stock converter i've seen is around 12.80
stick shift cars of course are much quicker at least until the stock clutch goes away.
Pete i doubt i would change the converter but the gears would probably need to be bumped down to a 3.73 or 3.90
after discussing this with my brother tonight i think I'm going to stick with an N/A combo and just try to build the biggest displacement engine the design will allow. probably based off the new boss5.0 modular block. but who knows. I may show up to Bradenton in the spring with something totally different.

Sounds Good, the reason I said change the converter is b/c 4000 stall is to much on a turbo car , you want to keep it as tight as possible but with enough stall to be able to spool it up.
Does anyone have an Idea whats the fastest time on a Stock Motor, Stock Tranny, Stock Converter Full Weight car with a supercharger or Turbo?
Im talking about a legit street car not one that the seats were removed at the track.
Bradenton is cool Ill be there for sure.

Pete

PM Sent

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spray the house down!!! I've yet to hear of anyone damaging their motor with the juice. Replace the rods and pistons with the good stuff install fogger and spray a 300 shot!! Mid to low 9's easily. The chassis work would help but I don't think you'd need to back half the car. Tony Ort's and Aaron Stapleton are pushing 1000 rwhp (not 3v motors) and running 8.70's with the S197 chassis with stock suspension in NMRA Renegade.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm with KEV.

Set it up for the big juice and break records with your weight...:shock:

spyder7724

Reaction score
I'm with KEV.

Set it up for the big juice and break records with your weight...:shock:
nitrous is good in smal to modrate quantities but i don't have deep enough pockets to run a fogger system and replace pistons/head gaskets...or...shortblocks every 30-40 runs. i think at some point i will install the nitrous kit but probably not until I've run 10's N/A :) it's my new goal !! but you never know. if i got some kind of deal on a turbo i may just slide in some forged pistons and h-beam rods then let it fly with everything i've got :) i doubt the trans would hold though.
to build a car to keep up with burcham and delpino you would need to basically start from scratch and just build it like a body in white car. i wouldn't mess this car up doing that. i'd find a v6 rental car somewhere cheap and strip it down then work from there.
i want my car to keep the 5r55s trans and stay 100% streetable

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back