NX nitrous question...nitrous gurus in here!!!

roostracing

Reaction score
We are going to order a nitrous kit here in the next couple of days and wanted to ask the guys that know about nitrous on the 05 and up gt's a question...

we were searching nitrous express and saw a new kit that came out called the Proton...its part number 20420-10...it sells for about $370 complete up to 150 hp....does anyone have any experience with this kit? How good is it? The reason i ask is because the normal NX wet kit sells for $650...

how much can we safely spray on an 06 GT? It is a stock motor...we are going to have it dyno tuned for the nitrous...we want to spray a 125???

all help appreciated!!!

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kind of going away from what your asking, but check out the harris nitrous/plate system for the 3 valve's you will not be dispointed with the price or performance

Last edited:

RONAELEGT550R

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure on the NX kit but I am using a Harris Speed Works Sudden Impact Wet Nitrous Kit #HSW-SI1-M05-10. It is a fantastic kit with everything you need and an easy install. I recommend you getting a MicroEdge controller from them as well. It's a great window switch and safety feature you can add to your system. Don't forget your fuel pressure safety switch, Blow down tube kit and a bottle heater blanket. They have it all and are about as cheap as you can find. This is the additional kit I ordered with mine that has all the above included in it

All-Out Nitrous System Accessory Kit (4AN) #HSW-ACC-AO-KIT-4AN

Good luck and enjoy!!

matt texass

Reaction score
The proton is most likely a nozzle kit (a universal kit "designed" to fit the 05+ which prolly means it has a fuel rail block). I have had experience with the plate kit that NX sells. It is very nice and clean and comes pre wired with a WOT switch. As far as spraying a 125 a tune with 1 step colder plugs and a ford gt pump or BAP for a little more confidence will be fine if the tune is right. I am going to assume you know to the AFR with the fuel jet.

roostracing

Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys...i looked at the Harris Speed works kits...they have a good price...i did not see any warranty info...what is their warranty on their solenoids?

blk281gt

Vendor
Reaction score
I sprayed 125 for a summer, no fuel issues. I would recommend a window switch along with a wot switch. If i were to do it again, i would keep it at 100 and get the other 25 elswhere.

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys...i looked at the Harris Speed works kits...they have a good price...i did not see any warranty info...what is their warranty on their solenoids?

We have a 1 year warranty on our solenoids. Keep in mind that any warranty will exclude any mis-use and most companies exclude the coils from the warranty. For more info, jump over to our terms and conditions online. Thanks.

roostracing

Reaction score
We have a 1 year warranty on our solenoids. Keep in mind that any warranty will exclude any mis-use and most companies exclude the coils from the warranty. For more info, jump over to our terms and conditions online. Thanks.

i called harris speed works and customer service told me 30 day warranty on solenoids???...i said forget that!!!

I wonder why they told me that after it is clearly stated that they have a 1 year warranty on the terms and conditions??? One year is still no where compared to limited lifetime warranty...

Cold fusion might be the next thing to get...limited lifetime on solenoids and $459 for a efi wet kit...adjustable from 50-200...rated at wheels

Last edited:

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
i called harris speed works and customer service told me 30 day warranty on solenoids???...i said forget that!!!

I wonder why they told me that after it is clearly stated that they have a 1 year warranty on the terms and conditions??? One year is still no where compared to limited lifetime warranty...

Cold fusion might be the next thing to get...limited lifetime on solenoids and $459 for a efi wet kit...adjustable from 50-200...rated at wheels

Hmm, dunno why they'd say that.

Keep in mind that any companies warranty on a solenoid covers the base, plunger, spring, and tower. I've never replaced a base (solid stainless steel), or tower. The spring and plunger are rarely covered by "limited lifetime warranties" based on the fact that they're a mechanical wear item. Coils are never covered due to the nature of electronics, so what is really covered on a limited lifetime warranty??? And keep in mind we sell solenoid rebuild kits for $20.

Also keep in mind that our standard efi wet nozzle kit sells at $369.99 and I urge you to compare everything that comes with both kits. I think you'll find that our kit is rather feature packed and comes standard with large bottom outlet solenoids, fuel adapter, large nozzle, and everything you'd need for a clean install. We also use all stainless steel and aluminum components as well as all heat shrinkable weather tight electrical connections to ensure a lifetime of use. So you spend $90 less and get quite a bit more with our kit. And even if you rebuild your solenoids 4 times after the 1 year, you're still ahead of the game. 200 hp through our solenoids and nozzle that we supply in the kits is a walk in the park. Heck, you're not even close to maxxing them out (I do not recommend exceeding 200 through the front of an efi manifold). We firmly believe in letting the jetting do its job rather than the other components in the kit.

I'm not trying to sway you into buying our stuff...just laying out the facts. Honestly you'll probably end up happy regardless of the route you choose. I believe we supply an outstanding product at an outstanding price with outstanding customer service. Search this forum...we're here giving free tech advice and support with no strings attached. And once again if you have any questions please feel free to ask me. Thanks.

Nick

DirtyDan

Perpetual Propulsion
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread, I sold my old Zex kit and had been looking into another one. I'll definitely be grabbing one of those HSW Wet Plate kits here in the next few months.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back