Odd clutch pedal issue??

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I totally rock a new fiesta....Sam, i'm coming back to trade lol

So I went out and inspected your clutch/flywheel. It looks like the pressure plate bolts may have come loose a little which put stress on the dowel pins which led to their failure. In the holes in the pressure plate you can see thread "imprints" from the pressure plate moving around on the flywheel.

In my unprofessional opinion, I'd say Ford isn't torquing these to what they need to be torqued to, or the bolts are stretching, or a combination of both.

Either way, you're getting a brand new flywheel and clutch/pressure plate assembly.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
well i just got the phone call to ... replacing the entire clutch and flywheel assembly. they are suppose to call me back and let me know if the parts are on back order.. F'n YAY!! atleast its covered under warranty. but they did tell me that everything is just being replaced w/ the exact same parts.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
as far as I can tell, they are not on back order.. and yes same parts go back in

ya i dont think they are either.. thats just worse case scenario that ive read about before.. but i believe that was back with the first couple cases of this happening..

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's not looking good on clutch assembly. It shows an "engineering issue" from 2 months ago, and just today the update says "Supplier ship date: 10/30/10". But it doesn't say it's backordered.

I'm waiting for a reply from Ford to find out when we will actually see this part.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
It's not looking good on clutch assembly. It shows an "engineering issue" from 2 months ago, and just today the update says "Supplier ship date: 10/30/10". But it doesn't say it's backordered.

I'm waiting for a reply from Ford to find out when we will actually see this part.

10/30/10!!!!!!! is that for the current design ship date or a new design ship date???

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
10/30/10!!!!!!! is that for the current design ship date or a new design ship date???

It doesn't say, but my theory is... They found the problem back in July, and have since designed and tested a new pressure plate. The new design pressure plate is now being built and won't be available in quantities until 10/30. At that point, I think the part number will be updated to a new number and a TSB will be issued.

Until then, Ford may ship out the same original clutches to get you guys back on the road, but I'd expect another clutch job down the road with hopefully updated parts.

This is PURELY my opinion, but I'm basing this on what I've experienced with Ford and Ford Parts over the last 15 years.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
It doesn't say, but my theory is... They found the problem back in July, and have since designed and tested a new pressure plate. The new design pressure plate is now being built and won't be available in quantities until 10/30. At that point, I think the part number will be updated to a new number and a TSB will be issued.

Until then, Ford may ship out the same original clutches to get you guys back on the road, but I'd expect another clutch job down the road with hopefully updated parts.

This is PURELY my opinion, but I'm basing this on what I've experienced with Ford and Ford Parts over the last 15 years.

ok thanks for the info.. im sure i will be taking my car back since its the same old design clutch/presure plate when it happens again. and my service guy knows it and will be expecting it as we talked about it today.. however i have no problem atleast having my car back until then.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I was told that the parts i will need are on back order for 30 or more days Ouch...

thats what im thinking to... i will wait until my service advisor calls me tomorrow, and then i will request a different car.. i cant stand driving this car for that long.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Can someone post or pm me the part number for the NEW or revised clutch, presure plate, and flywheel assy ASAP please? My service advisor is asking me for it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back