Official boss block build

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I switched over to an Oliver rod so I'll be selling some good H beams soon.

Haha as soon as the engine is done it's full throttle on putting the car back together

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
sorry if this has been covered but if not i just couldnt read thru it all,,, if you have oliver rods and an eagle crank, you're going to have to ditch one or the other unless your builder has spent big $$$ to have custom bearings made. i ran into this when i bought the eagle crank and oliver rods. problem is the oliver rod big end uses a bearing for a chevy 2.100" pin and the eagle crank uses a 1.889" honda bearing. i went round and round for a solution and in the end i just found a kellog crank from lunati because there was no solution short of spending 50k for a batch of bearings to be made. nascar engines use a honda journal BTW so strength isnt the issue here.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't have that problem the rods I have have match the crank. We ordered the rods that match

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Dillon! Hope all is going good! Are you still building this car or have you changed things? Jamie

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
All is well in just waiting on comp to send me the turbo's u upgraded to their V2 6765s the engine is done about to be assembled into a long Block in the next 2 weeks or so. I had to switch engine builders late model engines out of Houston really tried to screw me but thankfully I finally handled it. The engine is at reher Morrison out of Arlington now

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Man I don't know how you have kept your patience and cool with all you been through? They must be doing the corrections for free.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I was hoping to see a thriving 3 valve! But no matter what I understand the hell you have been through on this car!

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Do as you please! Dillon I can't understand any thing but Coyote these days. Jamie

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
I'm actually about to go buy a new 2015.

Deep impact blue automatic with the FRPP 2.3 tvs blower

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
My choice on Color for my 2014 was DIB, SG or White. With the package options I went Stearling Gray Dib is going to be nice on the 15. Now you need to show us how strong the 15's drive line is especially the IRS.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
i didnt see where oliver offered a 5.850" rod with the 2.00" big end for the small eagle crank journal. all i see is 2.125' big end bores on their stroker rods. did you find an eagle 4340 crank with a 2.00" main somehow or a bearing to mate the 2 together ?i even spoke with clevite and acl and they offered no such bearing and would only do a custom bearing if i placed an order to 25k. if i couldve found a bearing to fit the 2.125" rod to the eagle 1.889 rod journal i would have kept the 4340 eagle crank. im interested, do you have part #'s you could share ? i researched for many weeks along with many engine builders to solve this problem with no solution.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
I'm lost now. i didnt know you could get a 6" stroker rod for a 326" mod motor. not fucking with you but i am curious as hell because like i said, i went thru hell trying to make my stroker olivers work with the eagle crank. maybe this is whats holding up your engine build maybe ? dunno, just sayin, it threw a monkey wrench into my plans when i started blueprinting it. i got bruce and a few others involved. if you have the time, maybe you could find out specifics and help us all out here, ask your engine builder to mic the rod journals and the part # on the rod

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
No my short block is assembled now. Pretty sure it's a 6 inch rod. Call mod max

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1435712860220.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435712888091.jpg

Turbo 400 and stall just sitting waiting on the engine

The new turbos will be here early next week upgraded to the Gen 2s 6765. The shortblock is assembled ready to roll.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back