Oh my god - I'm making a STRIPE thread!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm doing this but I need some opinions. This is the hood I am getting and I am having some nice fat stripes painted on the car. I'm also having the side stripe painted and that will have the trim line on the top and bottom so the question is...

Just the stripes or the the stripes with the pin striping like shown in the pic?

Mark

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I can't believe you're doing it either! :thud:

(and I'm moving it to the proper section).

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just the stripes or the the stripes with the pin striping like shown in the pic?
Make sure to match the white on your "killz" stickers and your name over the door.. :samuri:

Seriously though, I like stripes - and I like the outer pin-stripes more (inner and outer would be too much), but I am told that stripes are "soooo overdone that its like ya know?"

I may do them anyway though - there isn't any other way to spice up a mineralgrey car without just re-painting it beryllium (which is the bomb, but I really don't want to have to explain such an expensive paint job to the finance department).

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
keep the outer pin stripes for sure., sets you off from most others with stripes

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - that's what I thought also but wanted some feedback.:leghump:

I'll get some pics in a few weeks when it's done. I really like this hood. Has a 2" opening and lift and should really get some needed air onto that KB.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Almost as silly as the chromed shaker in the foreground:poke:Ba-Ling!

It's not silly and it's not chromed. Polished aluminum is always cool. Just ask Hawgman. So there. FrankenStella is a commuter/streetrod/dragqueen and in that order. Jealousy is so un-becoming of you...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's not silly and it's not chromed. Polished aluminum is always cool. Just ask Hawgman. So there. FrankenStella is a commuter/streetrod/dragqueen and in that order. Jealousy is so un-becoming of you...
Polished aluminum is only cool if its billet - even then, it should be polished to a dull shine, not a mirror... "covers" for a plastic part are not cool no matter what Hawg says...

I am only jealous of your ETs - but soon enough I will compensate for my bad driving and that last 0.2 you have on me in N/A form will be but a bad memory...

Disclaimer: I will not forestall my power adders to back this trash talk up - if I don't do it before the turbo's well then, I will just have to swallow my pride and admit that I needed the power adder to blow your doors off... State and local laws apply - this trash talk void in MA, NH, NJ, NY or any other state nearby where I might run...

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stella is looking good! I agree CK, go with the pinstrip.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back