OK S197 Im BACK !

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
LOL ,

Yea Ive been out of the scene for awhile . I posting some pics for you all . Ill tell you more about it as you look thru .

Don't like the wheels but I have a set of Weld RTS Black center's already .

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Car was put together with My buddy Willie at MAK Performance , very meticulous and we had already gone thru so much with my 07 so we knew what to do with this one right from the beginning . Car had 800 miles when He started to take it apart .

Pete

Complete return style fuel system , ID 1000s with Fore Hat and dual Walbro's 405 lph pumps.

Pete

All stainless pipes were coated 2000*, mid pipe custom built by MAK with all ss vband fasteners. Mid pipe was also coated .

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Welcome back man! Holy shit, talk about awesome! Glad to see your still rocking a turbo, or two lol

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. Numbers?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Been once to the track with a 1.64 60ft and 9 psi's went 10.32 @ 134.95 only made one pass track was packed and lanes got closed early.

Made 589 to 600 don't remember b/c I don't have the dyno sheet .

Car was tuned originally by Willie Figueroa and myself on the street . Pulled like a freight train. Later my buddy Rene sent the car to BBR after speaking to John Urist so they can tune it , and from what I was told they changed a few things and pulled 2*s out of our tune so they ended up with 589 59x ?
There tune has been great no complaints drives beautiful on the street , ac works perfect no issue's. I would have left the timing alone we had made a bunch of hits on the street and it was fine.

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome back man! Holy shit, talk about awesome! Glad to see your still rocking a turbo, or two lol

Thanks , yea Ive been out for awhile , Ive been trying to log on for months don't know what happened but couldn't get in . Finally got an email today and reset my password.
After I sold my 07 , My buddy Rene wanted me to help him and build a 2012 TT b/c Hellion was about to release there kit. I spoke to Hellion and asked for the 1st Kit available and it was sent out. Willie had to modify a few things b/c the car is automatic and sent Hellion back a revised bracket to use in the future and then we sent everything out to get coated and went forward . This car belongs to my good buddy Rene and he doesn't go on any forums or to the track much with it so not to many people had seen this car . Its been always in a warehouse or his garage and he takes it out once in awhile . Ive put probably 1300 of the 2800 miles it has .
Now he asked me if I want the car he would sell it to me . The car really is not for sale he has a few cars but I sold my 89 and he has a 65 Nova that's incredible so He called Me and said the day I want it its mine .
I told him to wait until after the Holidays and that I will need to make some room but that I want it for sure .

Pete

Welcome back pete! Whos turbo kit?

Thanks , Its a Hellion Kit , got the 1st Kit available . This car was built like 2 years ago . Basically once we received the Kit we sent everything out for coating and ordered the car.
That's right we had a kit , all the suspension , all the fuel system before the car ever got to MAK .
Once the car got here we put like 800 miles on it and then tore it apart and Willie got at it .

I took it out to Torq Annual car show last weekend for the 1st time . Car has never been to any show's or anything and on Monday Paul called me and said Why did you leave you won Best in Show in your class . LOL

Pete

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome back Pete!! Car looks awesome, looking forward to some times next year.

Earl

Thanks ,:thumb2: nice to see familiar names on the boards again . Not going to mess with this too much for now . After the Holidays I'll figure out what the deal is and hopefully get it into my garage or warehouse. Its a super clean car just really hate the wheels . lol

Pete

Twins FTW! Car looks great!

Hey Great to hear from you , I see the twins how she running these days.

Pete

Pete, you sold the 80???? NO!

To clear room you should sell some boats ;-)

LOL , Hi Jessie great hearing from you . Yes sold the 89 had 19k original miles . Basically gave it away , but its all good I enjoyed it for 5 years time to move forward.
Nah not selling any of the RC Boats. There too much fun . You should see the Skater it looks identical to the real thing . Was made to scale on a CNC Machine. I ordered all the hardware from Germany and also getting a gearbox for it which increases prop speed by 18% . She is going to fly trust me .

Pete

Pete, you sold the 80???? NO!

To clear room you should sell some boats ;-)

Hey Jess here is a picture of my 57" Apache , going in the water this weekend for the 3rd time motor should be completely broken in hoping to see 60mph.

This was my 1st one , still have it a 58" Fountain , this ran a best of 53 mph. Hull has to much flat area out back too much drag . Runs beautiful just wanted a faster hull in the turns and at WOT. The Apache is a beast!

Here's a picture from Novemeber we were at Cudjoe down to watch the offshore races in Key West on Sunday . We ran the boats Thurs and Saturday. As you can see there not you typical RC Boats , these are large scale Class One.

Which one do you think is mine. LOL

Pete

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Good to have you back Pete. I often see your name when searching the forums and always appreciated your input. What are you goals with the new ride?

Off topic here but I have some questions about your truck. How much does it weigh? Have you datalogged fuel pump duty cycle or is that not possible with a mechanical pump?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great looking GT/CS! Looks very well built, too.

And even though I am not a big chrome wheel guy, I don't think the wheels look that bad.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back