online guide to building a mod motor?

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Technically, you don't have to degree any of them.....

BUT, I would recommend degreeing them for the most optimal performance out of the cams....Most people just marke the chains, yada yada, and put the cams in...since you are going to be building your motor, then I wouldn't see why you wouldn't want to degree them....that way you get all your performance, plus, you can also check piston-to-valve clearance's more accurately...

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have/did not degree my cams. The way these things are setup im not sure you will benefit. As long as the shop that made your cams put the notch in the correct spot where the phaser sprocket mounts then I see no worries. My chains from factory are setup with a black link and it made it very simple to line everything up, I was suprised. Was holding off to see if others had different opinions on this and im sure they do....

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
So you want builders to tell you that it is easy to build a 3V which would then keep you from paying them to do something they get paid to do in the first place.........

Fuckin' internet anyway..........................

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So you want builders to tell you that it is easy to build a 3V which would then keep you from paying them to do something they get paid to do in the first place.........

Fuckin' internet anyway..........................

No, I figured it was a lot more difficult. But after reading the pdf, it doesn't seem so bad. So I thought mabye there was something I was missing. Thats why I asked if it was "easy" to build a 3V.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back