Only 3.4 HO in the country...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I'm the first person wondering if I'm ever going to get my car back...:tdown:

I've been promised 'Irwindale this week for sure' for 3 weeks in a row now and don't know if I'm going to make this Thursday either.

Adam crashed his quad over the weekend and got hurt so my car hasn't seen the dyno yet. 4 months down now and I'm starting to lose my interest in it, if I'm honest.

Perhaps it's time to try something else fast from the factory and forget modding...:idea:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Believe me, I'm the first person wondering if I'm ever going to get my car back...:tdown:

I've been promised 'Irwindale this week for sure' for 3 weeks in a row now and don't know if I'm going to make this Thursday either.

Adam crashed his quad over the weekend and got hurt so my car hasn't seen the dyno yet. 4 months down now and I'm starting to lose my interest in it, if I'm honest.

Perhaps it's time to try something else fast from the factory and forget modding...:idea:

Knock it off man! You of all people should know by now that when you take your car to a guy that is a perfectionist he WILL be behind always! Deadlines will come and go and at the end of the day your car will exceed your expectations.
I took my car in for a 1 week build and 5 months later I don't have it back. This is mostly due to my wanting more, but you should know the score and what you are going to end up with.
I am sorry that your car is has taken this long because I think we all are interested in the numbers.
Are you looking at getting a Hyundai Tiburon?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Knock it off man! You of all people should know by now that when you take your car to a guy that is a perfectionist he WILL be behind always!
Just tape something shiny to the antenna and shake it around, he'll come around:samuri:

This hobby can test the patience of a buddhist monk...

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just tape something shiny to the antenna and shake it around, he'll come around:samuri:

Maybe he needs to see some boobies:partyguy:
I agree it is very upsetting at times:samuri:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows I am a pessimist, but if I am honest I think it will make it this week. After all it should only need the final dyno time. It would have made it last week, but the Dyno broke. I talked to Dean he said Adam was going in to finish it tomarrow.

Now Mark what is your golden rule " have a short block as a spare while the other one gets done" good advice next time follow it.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep - I should really learn to folllow my own advice...:idea:

It's not an 'Adam' thing. The truth is if it was Adam's 'fault' it would be easier to just say 'Adam sucks' and take it somewhere else.

Nope, I'm just getting tired of being stricken with murphy's law on this car and seems whatever coud possibly not go right - does. From the dyno breaking to pistons taking 2 months, to injectors not fitting, to Adam trying to superman a 50ft jump (which you are too OLD to be trying anymore BTW...:naughty:) etc, etc.

This is my 3rd build on this car and though the first one was an unfortuenate dilema with the heads, I really thought the last motor was the 'last' one. I wasn't doing this big bore build because I 'had to have more cubes' - I was doing it because it wasn't that much more expensive than rebuilding the motor that broke so it was an easy decision since the car was going to be down either way and the price difference wasn't that big. The depressing part is I only had 3000 miles on the last motor before it had piston and cylinder damage.

Again, not Adam's fault or a 'bad build'. A stupid mistake on my part not draining my gas completely and running 1/2 C16 and 1/2 pump on a full C16 race tune...:samuri:

I know I sound like a 'whine baby' and I'm just venting my frustration. Can't talk to my wife cause she hates the car, Adam, and the whole situation. She literally HATES the car and asks me to sell it on a daily freakin' basis. John, I feel for ya but 5 months is child's play. My car has been down for 4 months THIS TIME.

In the last 30 months, my car has been parked at Adam's shop a total of 18 of them. So, 18 months total for me of not having my car...:samuri:

Like I said, it would be easier if I could blame Adam but it's just one unfortunate situation after another and I guess It's just starting to get old with me.

No BS, I went down to Rydell Chevrolet and put my name on the call list for the Corvette SS. If my car cntinues to be more trouble than fun, I am highly considering getting one. Boy, wouldn't that be karma...lol

That or I'm also considering a GT500 and bolting my whipple 3.4 to it and selling my GT with the KB 2.6H on it.

True, C - very true.

Last edited:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How would you feel lining up a stock anything at the track?
That Corvette will not be as fast as your car and no one will look at the Vette with the admiration that your Mustang will get:evil:. Take 10 deep breaths and count to 100,000:partyguy:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Hmmm... you are causing me to possbily rethink my approach.

BTW, if you do get a <gag> Vette, do you want to trade short blocks?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... you are causing me to possbily rethink my approach.

BTW, if you do get a <gag> Vette, do you want to trade short blocks?

LOL - no. BTW: I was premature on the vett. I just found out the production numbers and the markup. It's not even about the money but out of principle I will never pay ridiculous sticker markups so the SS is not in the equation now. If the problems persist, I am probably going to put the 3.4 on a GT500 and sell the GT with the KB on it.

If I go this route, I'll probably have Adam fix the 298 stroker and sell the car with that and sell the 331 ci stroker seperately.

KILLER06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Mark get a Z06, throw on some DR's and a clutch and your good to go.

Only problem is...its stick.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone setting the under/over on how long this setup will last?

Perhaps it's time to try something else fast from the factory and forget modding...

This is my 3rd build ........................

No BS, I went down to Rydell Chevrolet and put my name on the call list for the Corvette SS. If my car cntinues to be more trouble than fun, I am highly considering getting one. Boy, wouldn't that be karma...lol

That or I'm also considering a GT500 and bolting my whipple 3.4 to it and selling my GT with the KB 2.6H on it.

I ain't saying nuthin'.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
patience young grasshopper...... good things come to those who wait!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
patience young grasshopper...... good things come to those who wait!!

It's honestly not about being patient for my car as I've been more patient than anyone.

It's actually about, 'what next?'...:tdown:

Yeah, get the car back, runs fast, post some great vids - if it ends there - great - but the trouble is it hasn't ended there yet. If it all turns out good then of course I'll be a happy camper but I'm telling you if this thing breaks a motor again within 5000 miles - I'm done.

I'm not even excited anymore to see what it will run. I'm excited just to see 'if' it will run without issues...lol:samuri:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back