Outside Black Window Trim

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so here we go, this might be frivolous but must little details are. On my 07 torch red s197 I have a problem with the black window trim and that is its all faded and has a whitish hue to it. So I am wondering if it's more logical to replace it or is there something that will truly restore it because back to black by mothers only works until the car is in the sun and then it isn't worth crap and it resumes its whitish hue. I will post a picture as well...well apparently I can't post pictures from my iPhone today because it keeps crashing while uploading

Last edited:

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
Okay so here we go, this might be frivolous but must little details are. On my 07 torch red s197 I have a problem with the black window trim and that is its all faded and has a whitish hue to it. So I am wondering if it's more logical to replace it or is there something that will truly restore it because back to black by mothers only works until the car is in the sun and then it isn't worth crap and it resumes its whitish hue. I will post a picture as well

In the past I have repainted trim (not on my mustang) and it has help up pretty good. just make sure you tape EVERYTHING off..... i learned that the hard way with my hummer....

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about removing and attempting to paint it but I'm worried that it would bleed through or the pint wouldn't adhere to that textured plastic well

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I found that cleaning really well with a small brush and some alcohol prior to treating makes a huge difference in longevity. I use Black Wow for treating and sealing.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Here's what I use on my other vehicles: http://www.wipenew.com/

Be warned...this is for the trim only, if you get it on the paint you are SOL. This thing is strong.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys so I guess we are thinking I can get this crap out

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
The first time is the most work. After that just a treatment every few months or when detailing.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know I'll give it a work because back to black doesn't even touch it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back